CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lee loader 20 ga.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:23 pm 
Field Grade

I just bought a lee loader on ebay. It didn't come with any instructions or load table. It was listed as a 16ga. but I think it is a 20ga. A 16ga. hull won't fit inside the depriming station. A 20ga. hull fits nice. I noticed upon opening the box that it had a 7/8 oz. shot dipper and a 129 powder dipper.. Does anyone have and will someone please scan and email me a copy of the charge (load) table and the instructions...I have never used a lee loader used before but looking at it and messing around with an empty 20ga. hull it seemed pretty straight forward...Other than a little hunting. I shoot a couple boxes of shells at the family get togethers..so I am thinking this little loader will do fine.

My email address is twanselman@yahoo.com

I would like to get ahold of charge tables for all the gauges of lee loader shotgun loaders.
I have be reluctant to bid on some auctions because they were missing and the reloaders when cheap enough. Thanks again.

Post subject: Re: Lee loader 20 ga.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:50 pm 
Field Grade

It is available online. http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi-data/in ... LA1070.pdf

I have one and my one piece of advice is WEIGH YOUR CHARGES no matter what the tables say. For example with int clays the bushing thats supposed to throw 15 grains threw 12.8. With #8 shot the shot bushings seem to throw just about dead on (tad light)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:22 pm 
Diamond Grade

Lee Loader? or Lee Load All 2?

The chrome barrel with the plunger that will fit in a shirt pocket?, or the shoe-box sized red-plastic and aluminum square thingey?

I'll mail you jpegs of the Lee Loader process, but the charge tables are archaic.

You'll need to get a recipe with modern components from someplace and measure your charges, then duplicate them with a set of dippers.

GS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:59 am 
Presentation Grade

Binder,

The charge tables for the Lee Loader are obsolete as indicated above. You can buy a Lyman shotshell handbook, a set of Lee dippers, and a scale and use those for your loads.

FYI, the Lee Loader was for paper shells. Lee later sold a deluxe kit with a crimp starter and wad guide for loading plastic hulls and wads.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:15 am 
Tournament Grade

You will need a crimp starter for plastic hulls. They are also available on online flea markets. I have one of these in 20 gauge as well and as long as you dont mind ugly crimps they work fine. I have been watching these for awhile now on eBay and they go for anywhere between 25-40 bucks from what I have seen. For that money a Lee Load All is a much better value. Just some food for thought.