CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mossberg 12 ga
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:31 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Mossberg 12 ga pump shotgun with a 28" barrell and a modified choke. Can anyone enlighten me as to this shotgun's value? I am unsure of the age, but know that it is about 30-35 years old.

Post subject: Re: Mossberg 12 ga
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:06 pm 
Crown Grade

I have bought a lot of these lately for $100.00 or less. My latest, still at my FFL friend's, has a vent rib and "select choke" and I paid $76.00 + shipping.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:18 pm 
Tournament Grade

Why sell it? Mossberg pumps have very little resale value, cheap parts and are reliable shotguns.

I have 500 that I inherited from my dad right outta the '70s. Still shoots fine. Has a bit of trouble cycling but nothing a good run though from the local gunsmith can't fix.

I have used mine 500's for duck hunting, grouse, trap, sporting clays and various other plinking. Picked up and extra one from a buddy that will be my home defense gun. I could barely cycle the action, he thought it was junk. Just turned out to be extremely dirty.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:32 pm 
Crown Grade

That is another thing with the Mossberg pumps. They are VERY simple and easy to completely disassemble and put back together for cleaning, but it seems not many people take the time to learn how. After you do it a couple times it is so easy. The great thing is that when you clean an old very dirty one to spotless condition, they are very smooth, because the grit has "polished" out all the parts that rub together.