CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tristar Shotguns?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:35 pm 
Limited Edition

Anyone know much about these. I seen a ad for one, for 500.00 new in box. I belive it was a Viper model. The ad said it comes with a 5 year warrenty, which would be nice. As of right now I don't plan on buying it, just wanting to know if any one had any info on them.

Post subject: Re: Tristar Shotguns?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:00 pm 
Utility Grade

My son had one, took it to a range and the story goes that nobody there could hit anything with it. :shock:

Find you a good used Remington 1100; $500 will buy a really nice one, and you might be better off with a 30 year-old Remmi than a new Tristar.

Browning Gold Sporting 12 ga.
Remington 1100 12 ga.
Stoeger Condor Supreme 12 ga.
Remington 11-48 410 ga.
Proud Member of the NRA and the US Concealed Carry Association

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:19 pm 
Diamond Grade

mistagin wrote:
My son had one, took it to a range and the story goes that nobody there could hit anything with it. :shock:

Find you a good used Remington 1100; $500 will buy a really nice one, and you might be better off with a 30 year-old Remmi than a new Tristar.

The patterning was probably way off... Send it to tristar and they might send you back another one... CZ certainly would... You should have your son pattern it.. I'll bet my life that is what is wrong... By the way the Tristar viper is the same as the CZ 712/ CZ 720... If you look at the owners manuals, the parts layout is exactly the same...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:53 pm 
Presentation Grade

Ask yourself a question - do you want to keep fixing it or do you
want to keep shooting?

Used shotguns of reputable brands are usually better bet.. From what I recall
Tristar is just name ... not sure who really makes the parts.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:26 pm 
Diamond Grade

rzepa wrote:
not sure who really makes the parts.

Probably Huglu...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:42 pm 
Field Grade

I have a tri star viper, $299.00 at sportsman warehouse. I t is a 299.00 gun dont expect it to be anything else. I use mine to train birddogs with. If i throw it down I dont feel so bad. My gun is a good shooter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:50 pm 
Diamond Grade

mikern wrote:
I have a tri star viper, $299.00 at sportsman warehouse. I t is a 299.00 gun dont expect it to be anything else. I use mine to train birddogs with. If i throw it down I dont feel so bad. My gun is a good shooter.

I have a CZ712... Same gun different brand name... I love it... But if you get one that patterns way off, it's not worth more than the cheap cardboard box it came in... Those Turkish guns have a bad rep of not patterning where you point...