CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 391 trigger job.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:36 am 
Tournament Grade

May I ask if you'd recommend any particular place that does a good and reliable trigger job for the Beretta 391?

I know a fool and his money are soon parted, and the trigger is good enough from the factory and I need to work on presentation, etc. etc. I feel i have to add these words as many don't just answer the question that concerns me and like to lecture and give unwanted advice.

I just like my triggers a certain way. It's my interface between the gun and me.

Post subject: Re: Beretta 391 trigger job.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Angleport is a realiable outfit. Here's their web page: http://www.angleport.com/pricing.asp

They'll work your 391 trigger for a hundred bucks. Pay them more money and they'll make it a release trigger. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:34 am 
Tournament Grade

SuperXOne wrote:
Angleport is a realiable outfit. Here's their web page: http://www.angleport.com/pricing.asp

They'll work your 391 trigger for a hundred bucks. Pay them more money and they'll make it a release trigger. :wink:

OK, I'll check them out. Is the last part a joke? Im incompetent and understanding it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:27 am 
Gunsmith
Gunsmith

My personal opinion is to put the 391 trigger in a drawer somewhere and find yourself a nice 303 or 390 trigger that prefferably already has a trigger job done (I use a couple of P&P's that are fantastic) or have it done once you've found one. The plastic trigger housing on the 391/3901 gets sloppy very quickly (the 390 and it's predecessors were cast) and just doesn't take well to any sort of trigger job in the long haul. Angleport does a fine job.

http://tronspace.com/default.aspx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:44 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I've had several 391 trigger jobs done by Cole's in Maine. It costs $95 and is excellent. It will come back @ 3-3.5 lbs. with no creep. Their turnaround time is 1 or 2 days. Have them return via priority mail & you will have it back in a week. Just tell them you want the "precision trigger conversion". I had them install 390 carriers on mine at the same time, but I'm not sure if those are still available.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:10 am 
Field Grade

I bought a complete new trigger group from Angleport and asked them to work on the trigger too, cost me $350.00 + 11.00 shipping. I could not tell the difference from a factory trigger and it was very disappointing.
Last year I sent the trigger group to Cole-gun, now that was a huge improvement and the trigger on my 391 is as good as it gets for a 391.
I may have had bad luck with Angleport, but this is my personal experience.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

dlh711 wrote:
I've had several 391 trigger jobs done by Cole's in Maine. It costs $95 and is excellent. It will come back @ 3-3.5 lbs. with no creep. Their turnaround time is 1 or 2 days. Have them return via priority mail & you will have it back in a week. Just tell them you want the "precision trigger conversion". I had them install 390 carriers on mine at the same time, but I'm not sure if those are still available.

+1
http://www.colegun.com

I pray every day for Obama: Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:08 pm 
Limited Edition

Had Cole do the triggers on both of my 391s. One was perfect. The other was too light. Returned it and they reworked it at no charge. Perfect.

I think it's best to give them a target pull weight if you can.

I also had a carrier problem with the 12ga 391. They replaced it with a 390 carrier. Problem gone.

They are good people.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:32 pm 
Limited Edition

I had Mr. Timney do both trigger jobs on my 390's before he passed on to shooters paradise...cost just $45 each back then adn they have continued to amaze me every time I shoot them. :D

Then I got a used 303 and went wtih Seminole Gunworks in Tims, FL. Paid $65 for that one and they stood behind their work and fixed it for FREE when the trigger started to fire two shells with only one pull (that was one scary day at the range). :o

Now I have a 391 and had Briley do the trigger job...paid $80 for that one and it is as crisp and clean as you can imagine. 8)

Never had Cole's do a trigger job yet, but they have a great reputation also...

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the major national-level gunshops...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:39 pm 
Crown Grade

A 390 Trigger from Coles would be my choice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:24 pm 
Field Grade

Its funny how everyone that deals with Coles on the internet loves them. But when you talk to people who have dealt with them in person most people say they would not ever have dealings with them again. I myself would not let them touch my sons bb gun! When you go to the shop they are rude and would not give you the time of day! I guess there to busy with mail in work to run the shop! I know someone is gonna say maybe its just you. But I hear it all the time! I dont want to tell the whole story again. But trust me if I told you how he tried to screw me none of you would ever do bussiness with him again. Sorry to ramble on someone elses post!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:29 pm 
Diamond Grade

Seminole Gunworks in Florida. $65.00 for 391 trigger job. People say my trigger is as good or better than others out there. They don't gouge you for shipping, they use USPS. Had trigger back in 6 days from when I mailed it. Seminolegun.com.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Sportingone...I have heard those stories too, but I have dealt with Rich Cole and found him pleasant and reasonable. I think sometimes the ladies who answer the phones could use some training in customer service, but Rich has always treated me right (ps - I have no personal relationship with the guy and I don't have lots of money).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

sportingone wrote:
Its funny how everyone that deals with Coles on the internet loves them. But when you talk to people who have dealt with them in person most people say they would not ever have dealings with them again. I myself would not let them touch my sons bb gun! When you go to the shop they are rude and would not give you the time of day! I guess there to busy with mail in work to run the shop! I know someone is gonna say maybe its just you. But I hear it all the time! I dont want to tell the whole story again. But trust me if I told you how he tried to screw me none of you would ever do bussiness with him again. Sorry to ramble on someone elses post!

That's not my experience. I've been to Harpswell about 4 times and I've mailed something in once. Every time I was treated with respect and they were very appreciative of my business. Can you sit in their shop all day and shoot the sh!t and drink all their coffee? No. But each and every time I have dealt with Rich Cole's group, they were professional in every way.

Just one man's opinion...

I pray every day for Obama: Psalm 109:8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:34 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I wasn't trying to make a joke. I didn't realize that you might not know what a release trigger is.

A release trigger works exactly backwarrds of a normal trigger. When one of us die hard, half deaf, shoulder bruised shotgun addicts shoots so many thousand shells, our minds have a way of short circuiting and telling our trigger fingers to NOT pull a trigger, because our subconscious is sick and tired of us getting our $#% kicked. It's a flinch that results in the shooter not being able to pull the trigger, although he's trying to. I'm not making this up.

So, the poor addict sends off for a release trigger. It costs more than a normal trigger job. A release trigger fires when the trigger, after having been pulled at the ready,,,is released. Coles and Angleport and a lot of other outfits make release triggers for the very addicted shooter who just can't give it up and take up fly fishing. :wink: