CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli Vinci
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

Anybody own or shot a new Benelli Vinci? I'm a little reluctant buying a new model of anything. Manufacturers usually need time to work out the bugs and tweak their product once it is in the hands of the owners. Any experience would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Benelli Vinci
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

I would have gotten to shoot one a couple of weeks ago. However, it kept hanging up so bad the owner stopped shooting it during our sporting clays match and started using his dad's gun. It was brand new, just bought the day before. The action felt super slick, it had good balance to me, and was ugly. It could have been a fluke. My father's benelli SBEII works good. This vinci is the only one I've seen in action, so this is just my limited observation. For that price, I'd think most of them had to be good guns. Will report Thurs. night if the solution to the problem was determined on this gun, or if it has been shipped back to benelli.
Later,
JBJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

check out this thread from a few weeks ago:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=178734

"Confidence breeds success breeds confidence, etc." - The secret of mojo!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:21 pm 
Tournament Grade

More than likely the gun was hanging up because it is new. Benelli recomends running 4 boxes of shells (not target loads) for break in. I have seen this to be necessary on many Benelli shotguns. You can't just take them right out of the box and start shooting target loads. As for the Vinci, it is a verry nice gun. I really like shooting mine. I has lower re-coil and better handling characteristics than their other models; and makes an excellent all around gun in my opinion. Hope this helps, Mike.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:52 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Here's another opinion for what it's worth: I picked one up and it felt great, came up great and then I shot it. Note: I shoot only clay targets. I shot several one ounce loads thru it and it beat me up bad. Way worse recoil than any of my over unders or my Browning Gold auto. For hunting it may be OK, but don't plan to shoot 100 rounds at a time for targets.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:11 am 
Diamond Grade

Saw one yesterday up close, didn't shoulder it. It is a hunting gun and not a target gun. Well a H&R camp gun can shoot targets but, you get my point. Benelli has plenty of target styles out there. Those would be better choices. Very interesting look to it and neat break down. Ugly? Does ugly go to the bone? I don't know, I guess you can say that. I own a Super Nova and to me it ain't that ugly, all I can say, it's a damn good shooter.

If I were interested in that model I would give it a full season. I realize you may be chomping at the bit for it. The truth will start to come out. The real reviews will come out now, not the ones Benelli paid to have written. The price may even get better.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

A couple of years ago I bought a new 20 gauge Nova for a truck gun. It has a 24" barrel and is very handy. It is so ugly that it is cute. I have a 1" nylon sling on it so that I can shoulder it while wandering around on the farm. Lots of coyotes and snakes on the place. It is light and short, just about what I need on the farm for varmints. It is pertnear indestructable and after a couple of years of being thrown around, it still looks like new.

The Vinci is so ugly that it is cute. However, it is over $1,000 above my budget. I think it will sell OK after the initial shock. I can't afford it but many folks that can will try it and like it. I was hopeing thay Tom Knapp would have one with him when I went to his show a couple of weeks ago but, alas, he didn't. He had a pump and a M2. I suppose that he is used to these guns and sort of sticks with them. I wanted to see one in the flesh, knowing that I can't come close to affording one. Just wanted to look at it.

I can truthfully say that I have a Benelli, but it is a $300 Nova with "Benelli" stamped on it. That is as close as I will ever get to owning a real Benelli. I'm sure they are good guns because people that I know and trust tell me they are good guns. On my pension, that is as close as I will ever get to a Benelli.

Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind.

Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:02 pm 
Crown Grade

Ev old buddy...If you think the Vinci is so ugly it is cute, I know a single, really fat gal, you should meet..Her teeth seem to be in good shape though.. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ruger, If I wasn't a married man, I'd take you up on it. :mrgreen:

During my single days, some 50+ years ago, I was impressed with a few girls that were so ugly that they were cute. I didn't want to be seen with them but I really enjoyed their performance. {RO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:34 pm 
Diamond Grade

So they say, "The ugly and the fat girls appreciate it more". "That's all I got to say about that".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:55 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Roger that, Spankey!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:55 pm 
Crown Grade

Ev... you are just a "dirty old man" that looks like Tom Knap (from another thread)
I have never equated ugly and cute in the same sentance. Course, I have had a puppy that was uglier than hell young, but he grew up to be quite handsome.
At any rate, you are the ONLY Cop I know that I can give a hard time to,, #1.. you are retired,, #2 You don't work in MY State and you can't ticket me no matter what I say.
All I can say Amigo, is if you can view a woman that is SO ugly, she is Cute, I think I need to take a trip to your part of the world and get you real drunk or new glasses.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:37 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Ruger, the light switch, Sir! They all look alike when the light switch is in the off position! :mrgreen:

I don't drink, never have. Maybe that is why I never paid any attention to a woman's looks until I got married. When I finally found a pretty, decent lady that would actually go out with me, I married her.

Happy shooting, amigo!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:44 am 

EV:
Glad to see that you are a bit more active and feeling good enough to think about the ladies. Keep up the good work!

God Bless America<<<< LINK worth clicking

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Curly, thanks! I go back to the medicos Monday for them to give me a once over. I hope that they give me a good conduct discharge. The last check-up was good and they think I'm in remission.

Re: The ladies. I can think. That's about all. I've been married to that pretty lady a bit over 50 years now. Gotta behave! :mrgreen: