CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: krieghoff lovers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:32 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

i have five krieghoffs, three k-80's, two k-32's. i have a high grade trap 80 with upgrade wood, backup 32 trap, high grade sporter 80 with upgrade wood, backup skeet 80, high grade 32 skeet. my 32 trap has an adj. comb sporter stock so i can use it to hunt with. these are the most pleasurable guns i have ever had, the best shooting, the lightest kicking o/u's on the market. the only thing better than the guns is the service. larry woo at wings and clays is my dealer, and is the most dedicated dealer i have ever met. every time we talk on the phone on his nickel,(try that with the dealer that sold you your gun!!), he never fails to ask me how my guns are performing and is there anything he can do for me. the last three krieghoffs i bought came from larry woo. he has great prices, too. the avid tournament shooter can get a good used krieghoff tube gun, sporter, or trap for just a few dollars more than the gun you are shooting. i am not flaming any other brand, but service is a major part of owning a gun that you will shoot so much. krieghoff service will spoil you for life. krieghoff shooters do not sell their guns, they upgrade them. the k gun shooters are the company's best advertisement!

Post subject: Re: krieghoff lovers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:15 am 
Limited Edition

Krieghoff service is superlative. I own a Model 32 trap gun that I bought several years ago for what at the time was the same price as a new Browning Citori. It probably had over 100 thousands rounds put through it by the time it came to me and I put through tens of thousands more. When it developed a headspace issue it went back to Krieghoff for a rebuild. The price for the work was $500 and it came back looking like a new gun.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:16 am 
Tournament Grade

I have owned many krieghoffs myself, my first was a Model 32, then a semi-light K-80 Skeet, Model 32 San Remo, and a std. weight K-80 skeet...love them all!! Thanks for the forum :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:02 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

ZZZzzz... GAWD, it's boring over here! One thread, and 3 (now 4) posts. No "how's the quality" or "have you guys had this problem" stuff. BTW, I've been shooting my same tubed K-80 for over 15 years. What's not to love? Sorry. Didn't mean to wake anybody. :lol:

Mark

A Sailor's Creed - "If you can't tie good knots, tie lots of 'em.”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:51 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

shooting star
i guess you noticed, we k-gun owners don't bitch about quality issues, there aren't any! no "have you had this problem?" no we haven't. now, do you get the drift? no bitching about customer support (are you listening, beretta?). why do you think we, and you, love the k's? if you want to hear somebody bitch about their gun, go to the beretta site and check it out. i have not been there, have seen too much trouble with them and know about their customer support policy (it sucks).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:17 am 
Presentation Grade

Whats the difference between a k-80 and a k-32. I also like the remington 32. What should I buy and why?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:06 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

infanterene
the k-80 is an upgraded k-32 with a hardened receiver. there are more barrel, stock and engraving options available on the '80. some questions may be answered by the attached site

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thr ... ortBy=DESC

the '32 is very underrated, and is only surpassed by the k-80. a '32 in good condition is a very fine tournament or hunting arm. stay away from the early guns with nos. under around 1000.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:47 pm 
Utility Grade

So, a question to anyone who owns a Kreighoff, what's the least expensive one you could buy ? I've seen some at the ATA. Also, how does it compare to a BT-99 or an SKB ? :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:43 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

julianar
krieghoff does indeed make a single barrelled trap gun. they recently discontinued their ks-5, and introduced the kx-5. either is a superior singles and handicap trap gun. the ks-5 can be had in good used condition at a very good price. i have shot the kx-5, and it was way ahead of the bt-100 browning i used to have. these single barrels are about what a pigeon or grade 6 bt cost new, and are a much better gun, and have the krieghoff service department behind it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:07 pm 
Regional Reporter

hey guys, i just wanted to pop in here and compliment krieghoff, i dont own one, but they are truely beautiful guns. state if the art firearms in my opinion. i bet you guys really love yours. i bet thats great. congrats to you guys who own one. thats really cool

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:37 am 
Reloading Expert
Reloading Expert

I don't have any of the High-dollar guns, ie Krieghoff or Perazzi or Kolar, Lijtic, etc, but have drooled over them many times at different gun stores. The K guns are in the rack right next to the P guns in Omaha at Guns Unlimited. Other than the fact that I don't particularly like the looks of the action of the K guns, they are far superior to comparable P guns just sitting on the rack, in my opinion. I like the action of the P gun better, but the wood, fit and finish of the K guns is flawless, but it ought to be for something en excess of ten grand, sometimes WAY in excess of ten grand. If the day comes for me to buy one of those Jewls(GOOd shotgun) I'll bet I end up with a Krieghoff rather than a Perazzi! Last time I was there I asked the owner of the place which was best?? He said, if you try to contact the factory or need service, there is no comparison! Krieghoff!!

BP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:35 am 
Limited Edition

Burnt Powder wrote:
If the day comes for me to buy one of those Jewls(GOOd shotgun) I'll bet I end up with a Krieghoff rather than a Perazzi!

I used to think that too and while I may be committing an act of heresy in a thread entitled "Krieghoff Lovers" when the decision came to plunk down the large dollars I bought a Perazzi.

At the time I already owned a Model 32 trap gun which gave good service. The K80 was a logical next step until I test drove a couple and compared them with the P-gun. The best way to describe the difference is that the P-gun was like driving a Ferarri while the K-gun was more like a large Mercedes sedan.

Krieghoffs are complex guns internally. If something breaks inside, and I've seen it happen to K-gun owners, you need that superlative service from Kreighoff. The Perazzi is the model of simplicity inside. The only vulnerable point is the leaf spring in the trigger and I'm told that it's an easy thing to replace. I say that I'm told that because it's never happened to me.

For handling, nothing beats a Perazzi. For trigger pulls, the Krieghoff is the standard by which others are judged. For sporting clays, my Perazzi feels alive in my hands. It is fast on the short targets and steady on the long. However, were I to shoot trap or skeet exclusively, games that are more deliberate and where there is an advantage to a heavier, steadier gun, I'd pick an K-80 in a configuration suitable to the game.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:26 am 
Tournament Grade

Have any of you Krieghoff owners ever had any dealings with the dealer in Vero Beach Florida ? All I shoot now is Citoris, but shortly when I get my hands on 401K funds that may change.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 8:01 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

MAKO MENACE,

While I've never bought anything from Hal DuPont, he has stored my K-80 for me (for free) when we've spent the winter in the Bahamas on our boat. I couldn't comment on his prices compared to others like Larry Woo (www.800shotgun.com). I've always dealt with Kolar Arms for service, etc. when in Wisconsin. They've usually taken care of service while I wait! Kolar still services my K-80, but I don't think they sell them anymore. I've never heard of anyone complaining about Krieghoff service from any authorized dealer. Everybody seems to sing the praises of Larry Woo's customer service. I'd call Hal, Larry, and any others you can find and look for the best deal. I've had mine for 15 years. You won't be sorry.

Mark

A Sailor's Creed - "If you can't tie good knots, tie lots of 'em.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:09 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

hal is good people, if you want to pay retail and get an attitude that hal deserves more money for his guns than any other krieghoff dealer. if you want the best prices and service in the industry, buy from larry woo at wings and clays. i bought one shotgun at retail from dupont. i have bought four krieghoffs from larry and he has saved me thousands over what hal dupont would have demanded. every time i talk to larry, on his dime, he asks me how my guns are performing and can he help me with anything? try that with YOUR gun dealer. as far as the perazzi, PJR, you sound like you have a sporter. they are fine handling arms. i have a k-80 sporter, am 55 and diabetic, and i have never had another gun in my hands that felt as alive as this '80. back in the dark ages, when i performed warranty repair, i had more warranty problems from the perazzi than the browning! btw, if you have leaf springs, they can be expected to break about every 50k rounds. make sure you have the spare parts kit. they are very easy to replace. some of the best shooters in the world shoot a perazzi. the same can be said of the krieghoff. if you maintain either, they are some of the world's finest tournament arms. if you neglect them, eventually they will quit!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:59 am 
Limited Edition

John:

It was a very hard choice between the K80 and the Perazzi. One of the final deciding factors was the price difference in Canada. The P-gun came from the UK and was about 2/3rds the price of the K-gun which would have had to come from the U.S.A.

I inquired about ordering a Krieghoff from a dealer in the UK and was told he could not ship to North America which is fair enough. I was furious a few days later when I received an extremely snotty email from Krieghoff (my request had been obviously forwarded from the UK dealer) explaining to this poor dumb canuck why I could not order a gun from anyone other than a North American dealer. The flunkie at Krieghoff might have been smarter to say their foreign dealers wouldn't ship to North America but that's not what was said. I fired one back to them explaining that I could order a gun from whomsoever I damn well pleased and that the Perazzi order was going in forthwith.

Now that a few years have passed since this encounter and I've handled a K-20 this is very high on my acquisition list along with a spare set of 28 gauge barrels.

What were the problems you encountered with the Perazzis you serviced? I know in the earlier guns they had foreend problems and the top lever springs weren't always the best. And yes I do have a complete set of extra springs and strikers.

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:20 am 
Diamond Grade

Love the K gun. Can't afford one at this time. Maybe I'll get it like Johnny Cash got his Caddy---"One piece at a time" :shock: :wink:

Shotgun Red

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:34 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

pjr
you must have worked on the older perazzis! they indeed did have forend issues, getting loose, and the lever spring would get tired and when the gun would not lock up right, they would shoot open, and put a shelf on the lug recess in the barrel and sometimes even damage the frame where the locking bolt travels. not to speak of the mainsprings breaking. i am sure the folks at krieghoff have a different attitude today than in the past. there is still a krieghoff dealer in florida with a snotty attitude, but he is about the last one like that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

Haveing shot a literal ton of target guns over a number of years and also being privledged to see what a number of the best shots were shooting my decision was easy: K gun. I must also admit that for targets I like a gun with a "bit of heft" to it.

I have a K 80 Gold, Super Scroll, Blued, which IMHO is the most tastefull of engraving options out there (save for maybe the same in color case hardened)

I have two sets of bbls. Both fixed chokes. One is the old, shootable skeet carrier barreels which are choked .013 in the bottom and .010 in the top, 30". The second set I got more for FITASC and some of the more long range sporting courses. They are 32" and choked bottom .029 and top .041.

I am a seriously happy camper. This gun shoots so well it scares me. The inside looks like a watch works. The wood is spectacular and the engraving is, well, its what I wanted.

My shooting buddy shoots one of those "fine Italian road guns" and loves it. I have shot it and its great. Better for him than me. Two very different shooting styles.

Guns of this quality are rather like a Rolls Royce: It never breaks. It just might fail to work properly.

Southeastern Illinois College
ACUI 2012 Div. II National Champions
SCTP 2012 Collegiate Division National Champion
ACUI 2013 Div II RU National Champions
Etc........