CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Project & restore - Perazzi MX8 36967 & parts & repair
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:07 am 
Utility Grade

I am newbie here - so Hi everyone! (and sorry my for bad English language - Writing from Finland)

I have very old Perazzi MX8 with serial 36967. One problem is that in Finland we don't have good gunsmiths (all these guys are some sort of DREMEL guys) and I want to restore my beauty back to life. One problem is also that the ex-owner destroyed woods by whittling and I don't no where to find woods at reasonable price. I think the gun is type 2 MX 8 - the top lever realease tap is located to the left of receiver.

The barrels also need some repair or restore - the rails are partly off / loose. The bluing is easy job...

I opened the gun at weekend and I found that top lever is partly cracked, top lever springs and also other springs are quite dead. Also top lever realease shaft is also wear down as well as H-bar (locking). The springs are easy part and perhaps top lever can be also repaired by welding, but how to replace the H-bar? Is the only possibility that the gunsmith will make new one and replace the orignal one or is possible to get oversize new one and fit by myself?

All the ideas and info are useful - web sites, part links, used stocks and fore ends etc...

BR

A-P

Browning 325 Sporter, Browning XSH, Baikal Mp 153, Perazzi MX8 (project),
CZ 75 & Armalite AR10(T)

Post subject: Re: Project & restore - Perazzi MX8 36967 & parts & repair
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The best advice I can give you is to talk to Dan at Giacomo Sporting.

www.giacomosporting.com

I am sure he will point you in the right direction.

Bruce

Albert Einstein