CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mossberg receiver adaptor to ACE stock
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:24 am 
Utility Grade

Can anyone help me find a stock adaptor to fit an ACE AR-type stock to a Mossberg receiver?

Post subject: Re: Mossberg receiver adaptor to ACE stock
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

Since I'm interested in an Ace Folding Stock, I'd like to know too :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 am 
Utility Grade

I KNOW I have seen a photo of a M4 SOCOM Modular Stock on a shotgun in these pages; come on, 'fess up, who did it and how!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:42 pm 
Presentation Grade

Any of the stock adapters like Mesa Tactical low tube, Arms Tech LLC...ect will work with any AR15 stock that just has a buffer tube.

If you want to install a ACE ARFX skeleton stock you will need the Mesa Tactical High Tube adapter or the one made by Cavalry Arms will also work, I believe. Both well made but a costly stock setup.

GC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 pm 
Utility Grade

Max 100, thank you for your advise, the Mesa Low Tube looks just the ticket.

Thank you again...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:37 pm 
Limited Edition

Cassandra wrote:
I KNOW I have seen a photo of a M4 SOCOM Modular Stock on a shotgun in these pages; come on, 'fess up, who did it and how!

It does look cool, but i wouldn't recommend it. Ace expressly states on their site that the M4 SOCOM stock is NOT intended for use on a shotgun. It may experience problems or break on a shotgun platform. That's why i'm going with the ARFX-E stock. I'll be using the Mesa High Tube adapter, as well, with the Ace compact adapter to fit the Ace stock to the Mesa adapter. I have an Ergo right handed Suregrip to go along with it all, when i receive my Mesa adapter and Ace stock and adapter. Will post pics when it's all done. Still haven't decided on a site system, yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:15 am 
Presentation Grade

Quote:
It does look cool, but i wouldn't recommend it. Ace expressly states on their site that the M4 SOCOM stock is NOT intended for use on a shotgun. It may experience problems or break on a shotgun platform. That's why i'm going with the ARFX-E stock. I'll be using the Mesa High Tube adapter, as well, with the Ace compact adapter to fit the Ace stock to the Mesa adapter. I have an Ergo right handed Suregrip to go along with it all, when i receive my Mesa adapter and Ace stock and adapter. Will post pics when it's all done. Still haven't decided on a site system, yet.

You're going to need a good RD sight or a extended long rail & AR15 sight setup with the Mesa High Tube.

GC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:01 pm 
Limited Edition

I ordered the Mesa High Tube with the adapter rail, but i haven't seen it, yet. I ordered if from Alamo Tactical, and it's taken them a while to get it to me. I don't know what their deal is. I haven't decided on what RD i want, yet. There are a few good ones out there, but the cheapest from all of them seem to be around $400.00 or so. Yikes!!! I have less than that in the shotgun. I figure i'll have over a grand in this shotgun when i'm done, including the price of the shotgun.