CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: eaa scirocco o/u made by lu-mar
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

new member here, i hope you guys can help me with this.

i have an eaa scirocco o/u shotgun. i know it was made by lu-mar, but can;t find any other infor anywhere on the internet. if i understand things correctly, lu-mar is an italian company that made upper end shotguns. anyone here know anything about it?

also, i know it has 3" chambers and approximately skeet/light modified fixed chokes. are the chokes open enough that i can shoot steel shot in this shotgun?

it points and shoots great for me. i got my first 100 straight with it this past weekend. i may have to retire my 11-87.

Post subject: Re: eaa scirocco o/u made by lu-mar
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Blue Book says Lu-Mar s.r.l. was a "Previous shotgun manufacturer located in Gardone, Italy. Limited U.S. importation". Sounds like they are out of business.

Under European American Armory, it lists a couple of Scirocco O/U's made by Lu-Mar. Import dates for both guns is 1994-95. The "Scirocco Basic" with the last manufacturer's suggested retail price of $478 and the "Scirocco Sporting Clays" at $734.

You may want to check the European American Armory Corp. website and send them a query about steel compatibility.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

thanks for the info. i'm trying to get info from eaa but they are having a little trouble with it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:45 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

hornsurgeon wrote:
lu-mar is an italian company that made upper end shotguns.

They were a "contract" vendor. They may have been ABLE to make nice stuff, but the pieces that were imported to the USA were of questionable quality. They have been out of business for more than a decade at this point.

Hang on to your 1187... while you may shoot the lu-mar better, the 1187 will still be going strong long after you've worn the lu-mar out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

i finally got a response from eaa. they have no info on this model, except that it was made pre-93. they also suggested not to use steel even with the skeet/LM choking.