It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123
 Post subject: Re: CZ Canvasback Reliability Test
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:47 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

DAMN, it is raining, supposed to rain all day :( :( :(

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:25 am 
Tournament Grade

i think i am going to find one in 28ga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Well we shot pasture clays today, the IGC was closed to us non-competitive shooters, due to the Indiana State Sporting Clays Event, there were campers and RV's all over the grounds. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I live within hearing distance of the gun club, if there was a state shoot going on, they were all shooting shotguns with silencers, I hear more shooting on a regular weekend day than I have heard today :!: :!: :!: :!: But anyhow we went to a friends place, and shot in the back lot, I put 100 down the pipe, and the kids shot another 150 through the C-Back, all 3/4 ounce loads, zero recoil through the hefty C-Back.

250 today, 1,576 this year, and 32,861 lifetime. :D

cdb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:17 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for keeping this updated, CDB!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:29 pm 
Field Grade

My wife always wanted her own shotgun. She was bound and determined to dump a wad of cash on a Citori. We looked at guns in shops for weeks...Finally I spotted a lonely CZ Canvasback in a corner of a gunstore. I told her " THIS is what you should buy!" Pre-0wned but unfired in the box! 20 ga. 26" bbls. Some days later upon returning from a shopping trip to town, she came in the house toting it! For ONCE she actually listened to me! It's a dandy and she loves it! Glad I was lurking on here for awhile! And as usual she bought a better gun than I have. I won't mention what I shoot! Only hope it can last a fraction of the rounds you have through yours CDB! Thanks guys!.....Steve

Matthew Quigley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:01 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I looked in the gun safe this morning, and the C-Back was still there, no doubt it was itching to go bust some targets, but that will have to wait for a while.

cdb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:03 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Bump to top.

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Well, I shot the C-Back for the first time in over a year and a half. I shot the 100 round course, and I really sucked big time. I was tired by the 4th station, and things went down hill rapidly, and by the last station the C-Back felt like I was shooting a RR tie, heavy, cumbersome, and didn't swing worth a crap, I was way behind everything. I officially shot the worst round of SC I have ever shot, I went 26/100, was thoroughly wiped out by the last station, and even more tired by the time we got back to the truck. But the C-Back was its stellar self, never failing to fire. Lifetime it has blasted through 32,961 shells. I really need to improve my shooting, and build up a lot more stamina before January :!:

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cdb1097 wrote:
Well, I shot the C-Back for the first time in over a year and a half. I shot the 100 round course, and I really sucked big time. I was tired by the 4th station, and things went down hill rapidly, and by the last station the C-Back felt like I was shooting a RR tie, heavy, cumbersome, and didn't swing worth a crap, I was way behind everything. I officially shot the worst round of SC I have ever shot, I went 26/100, was thoroughly wiped out by the last station, and even more tired by the time we got back to the truck. But the C-Back was its stellar self, never failing to fire. Lifetime it has blasted through 32,961 shells. I really need to improve my shooting, and build up a lot more stamina before January :!:

cdb

Yes, but you shot!!!! It'll take a while before the stamina builds up. Glad to hear it.

Maggs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:04 am 
Tournament Grade

I also have a Canvasbck and have over 13,000 rounds through it wilthout any problems.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:51 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

They sure are a good gun :!: :!: :!:

cdb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:45 pm 
Presentation Grade

Why did CZ replace the C back with the Red Head, then Red Head Premium with a one piece receiver? Maybe just like Beretta wanted to make more saves and the old work horse were made too good. like the 682X?

I will never in my lifetime shoot 30,000 shell, so thanks for your updates. Beretta claims 500,000 shells though a gun, but doesn't say how much it cost! Sounds like a CZ Teal for $500 is a good Christmas gift for my grandson!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

Why did CZ replace the C back with the Red Head, then Red Head Premium with a one piece receiver? Maybe just like Beretta wanted to make more saves and the old work horse were made too good. like the 682X?

I will never in my lifetime shoot 30,000 shell, so thanks for your updates. Beretta claims 500,000 shells though a gun, but doesn't say how much it cost! Sounds like a CZ Teal for $500 is a good Christmas gift for my grandson!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:29 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

frankgoss wrote:

They didn't. They replaced both with a new generation of O/Us.

Gig 'Em Aggies!
Boosting the numbers with every post

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshiped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

We might go out this weekend and give it another whirl, hopefully I can improve on my pathetic 26/100. :idea: :oops: :oops: :oops:

cdb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:58 am 
Presentation Grade

I look forward to hearing about it!

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:14 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Went shooting with Matt, Laura, and Linda yesterday, and the results were as dismal as the last time I was out shooting. The C-Back is now sitting at 33,061 rounds lifetime. For the record, I shot a 29/100. I was not quite as tired as the last time out, as I have been walking around the subdivision, and doing short rides on the bike, but I am still waaaaay behind the targets, I really need to improve if I plan on hitting any pheasants in January :!: :!: :!:

cdb

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Shot the C-Back this week, 33,111 through it. For an O/U, I really like the feel of this gun.

cdb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123