It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Who's In Vermont
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:59 pm 
Diamond Grade

Currently live in New York (economic refugee from the Green Mts) but still have a place in Halifax VT and shoot Five Stand at the Deerfield Valley Sportsman's Club in Whitingham. I hunt grouse, woodcock (not much of a season this year) deer, and turkey on my property. This house has been in the family since the 1890s but was built in the 1740s and remains essentially unmodernised, so is a summer only proposition. The old Lambert house on Pennel Hill was in our family from the the 1840s until 1890 when they moved down into the valley, Jacksonville.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:59 pm 
Utility Grade

Live in Saint Albans right now but going to be back up in Enosburgh. Hunted grouse last year without any luck but my dentist is taking me out this fall with his setters for grouse and woodcock, also thinking of trying waterfowl hunting from a canoe this year. Just got into the bird hunting scene really

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:42 pm 
Limited Edition

I see we don't get many posts from VT so I'll add one more.

I live in Cornwall and shoot mostly at the Benson Fish & game Club. We have a very nice skeet field. We shoot from the beginning of May through the weekend before deer season every year. Open to the public every Sunday, 11:00AM to 2:00 PM or until you are done shooting.

I shoot skeet, hunt upland and waterfowl.

In this part of VT it is also nice to shoot at the Hudson Falls, NY club. Open Sunday, Monday and I think Thursday.

Both clubs are friendly to new shooters with a very nice group of folks to mix with.

If anyone needs info about shooting in this part of the State contact me.

Ernie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:21 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Don't write much but am in Shaftsbury Vermont. Hale Mt. fish and game is nice facility but they really do not have organized trap. They shoot wed. afternoon and Sunday afternoon but no leagues. I have basically given up shooting as there are no shells or reloading supplies around. We will host a shoot with the University of Vermont (UVM) trap team on the 10th of November as a fun 100 bird shoot.
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:15 am 
Field Grade

I also, live in Shaftsbury, Vt. and belong to Hale Mtn. F&G club. Mostly shoot smallbore/handgun there. Very good rifle range (500 yds). Friendly members. In addition I belong to Owlkill Rod & Gun Club just across the N.Y. border from me. Also a good rifle range (100/200 yds.) and a VERY GOOD skeet range. Don't hunt much anymore, but still enjoy shooting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:30 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Glade to hear you are also a member of Hale mt as I am the new chairman of the board.
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:59 pm 
Utility Grade

I live in Bradford, work in Lebanon NH and am frequently in the North Country (St. J/Concord area). I mostly hunt upland with my almost 2 yo Lab and shoot clays for fun. Last year was my first year hunting in NH for pheasant which was more fun than I expected, great to watch the dog do her magic. Just bought my first O/U (Silver Reserve II 20 gauge), was at my price point for now. Like the gun and plan on shooting as much as possible before the end of September.