CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Teknys Stonecoat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:22 pm 
Presentation Grade

I live in Mexico and all guns must be bought at the army gun store. They are currently selling Beretta Teknys Stonecoat shotguns which are also sold in Europe.

Anybody have any views on them? Are they good metal and wood wise? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Teknys Stonecoat
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:52 pm 
Diamond Grade

Crazy,

I thought that I knew a lot about 391's, but I can't answer your questions. When in doubt, I go to "Google", and after typing in "technys stonecoat" over 50 links showed up on the subject. Try it out and you should find plenty of reading material on this gun. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:55 pm 
Limited Edition

This is a link to the UK importers website and 391 model page.Is it possible the Stonecoat is a European variation that have somehow found their way to Mexico? Anyway a Teknys Stonecoat is basically a 391 with fancy trimmings.

http://www.gmk.co.uk/index.php?p=produc ... ail&by=asc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:27 pm 
Presentation Grade

Thanks guys. There is information on the Beretta European web site. I says that the metal parts have a new special coating to prevent corrosion (the stonecoat). However, apparently the wood is "extra wood" which is ordinary wood with a plastic film to make it look nicer.

I was just curious if anybody had any first hand experience with them.

They probably found their way into Mexico because the local Beretta distributor probably imports them directly from Italy.