CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: baikal mp-133 pump action shotgun HELP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:21 pm 
Utility Grade

i need some help!!!! should i get a new baikal mp-133 pump action shotgun, i like it but i dont know anyhing about this rifle. does somebody have it or now something about, please!!!

Post subject: Re: baikal mp-133 pump action shotgun HELP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:13 am 
Crown Grade

Rifle?

No I don't have one, but it's a Baikal, so there would be better guns available in the same price range.

Remington 870 comes to mind.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:22 am 
Utility Grade

lol i live in Belgrade, Serbia, we dont have Remington store here, i could order benelli or beretta but its very high cost, baikal is only $380 and i also heard that remington is selling baikal shotgus under spartan line, only the name is diferent, izh mp133 have the same parts like izh mp 153 semiauto and the only diference is in gas cilinder, mp133 dont have any, you have to pump manualy! sory my bad writeing and speling.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:26 pm 
Field Grade

Remington was selling Baikal line under Spartan name. However, best to my knowledge, version of MP 133 was never offered through Remington. Even Baikal in Canada (there is no Baikal USA) does not offer MP133. There are some MP 133-s in North America, but I would guess far apart and between.

Baikal guns are solidly built, a bit on the heavy side (about 7.5 to 8 lbs) better suited for duck blind than for lugging up and down a hill while chasing upland game. Bore(s) are hard chromed and models sold in US and Canada came with nice selection of interchangeable choke tubes included. As beauty lays in the eyes of beholder, make decision for your self. Baikal-s will go "bang" every time you pull the trigger. In case of pump action - it will go "bang" if you remember to pump the gun first and do not "short stroke" the action.

In hands of skilled shooter, pumping is a smooth natural motion that blends in the recoil recovery. To bystander and observer it looks like someone is shooting semi-auto. My introduction to pumps (I grow up without ever even handling one) was full of "forgot to pump" and "short stroke" episodes. It was with "short" 2 3/4" actions and not with one of 3.5" looonnngggg actions as MP 133 is. I had to grow to like it. It took some time (years of denial), it never got smooth or elegant (not by any stretch of imagination) but today I sometimes prefer pumps to other actions for some types of hunting.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:15 am 
Utility Grade

thank you very much for your time and answer, i decide to get a mp 27 em over under for 400 euro, new one and i am very happy with it!