CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HSB RUSO 12 GAUGE SINGLE SHOT
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:16 am 
Utility Grade

I'm trying to buy a HSB Ruso 12 gauge shotgun from a friend of mine. We are trying to agree on a good price where we are both happy. I'm looking for somewhere to start on an offer. Can anyone tell me what the gun is worth. The stock and forepiece are in excellent condition, no cracks or blemishes, looks to be walnut. The barrel is blued but fading.
He dropped the gun off today and told me to make a reasonable offer. This gun is in very good to excellent condition. He has owned it for over 40 years and never used it. He always thought about using it for small game hunting,but never did. I looked through the barrel and it looks as if you are looking through a roll of sandpaper with a very bright light. Why would it look soo rough and do you think its safe to use with light loads

Last edited by zebra_one on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: HSB RUSO 12 GAUGE SINGLE SHOT
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:47 pm 
Field Grade

You would be happy with $75 he would be happy with a $100.

Post subject: Re: HSB RUSO 12 GAUGE SINGLE SHOT
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 pm 
Crown Grade

A fair price is one that the buyer is willing to pay and the seller is willing to accept. A HSB Ruso is a "Trade Brand Name" shotgun made by the J. Stevens Arms Company of Chicopee Falls,MA (1915 to 1940) for and was sold by the Hibbard Spencer Bartlett Company of Chicago.Il a large wholesale sporting goods dealer. It is most like the same as a Stevens Model 94. Value of these guns depends on the condition, the amount of original finish left on the metal and wood and the mechanical condition. Values can range fromabout $175 for one that appears to have come out of the factory yesterday afternoon to less than $10 for a rusty rotten incomplete piece of junk fit only for a tent peg.