CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stevens 107B single barrel disassembly
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:54 pm 
Utility Grade

I just picked up the above shotgun. When I got it home, the trigger guard just fell apart. It is aluminum, and looks like it crystallized or something and had deteriorated. It appears that the guns internals have to be disassembled to get the screw for the front of the guard out. I have the stock off, but I need to take the gun apart. This thing is under mega spring pressure, and I am hoping someone here has some experience disassembling the internals that they would share. I checked E-gunparts, and they have a replacement trigger guard listed, but if the front screw hole is not threaded, it will cause other issues in replacing it. Any help or direction is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Stevens 107B single barrel disassembly
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

This gun essentially disassembles like the more common Model 94. Remove the mainspring by using the blade of a scredriver to compress it from behind and pivot it and the mainspring guide and the mainspring plunger seat to the side. The locking bolt plunger and its spring are removed the same way. (Note the position of the bend in the locking bolt plunger, it must be reassembled the same way.) You can then drift out the 2 pins for the hammer and remove same. This should allow you access (with a parallel screwdriver) to the forward trigger guard screw. This is a terrible design, not at all easy to get that screw out in my experience.

Note that there are 2 different types of trigger guards and yours is the heavier, bulkier of the 2. Try a search for an IPB or take-down procedure. Savage may provide something at their website. I use The NRA Guide to Rifles and Shotguns, Vol. 3.

Good luck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:46 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks a lot for the information LC. I had no luck searching so far, but with the information you gave me, I think I can give it a go. Now to find that replacement trigger guard.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

Go to www.jackfirstgun.com to get their contact number and call them. Their phone people know what they are doing and are normally very helpful. They have lots of parts out there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:41 am 
Utility Grade

Called Jackfirst this morning. Needed parts are on their way. Thanks for the help LC