CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: gun part for belknap hardware mfg gun
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:03 am 
Utility Grade

i need fireing pin for 20ga single barrel belknap hardware mfg.co on gun with nitro hunter no model num.thanks oliver

Post subject: Re: gun part for belknap hardware mfg gun
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:32 am 
Tournament Grade

The best thing to do is take it to a gun smith or a machinists if you have the broken pin. I have been dealing with old guns for over 40 years and that the best thing I have found. I now make my own. I have found that a Cheve 350 head bolt has the right hardiness for this job without having to go and find the right drill rod.Now with all that said it will coast you more then the gun is worth if you or a friend can't do it your self. Hope this helps some.
Pete

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:29 pm 
Presentation Grade

Try Jack First Inc or Gun Parts. They specialize in parts and will probably have something for you. Go here for contact info.
http://www.jackfirstgun.com
http://www.gunpartscorp.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:46 pm 
Crown Grade

You've already been told how to obtain a replacement firing pin. Just some minor information for you. Guns with the name Nitro Hunter were made for and sold by Belknap Hardware Company, a wholesale sporting goods dealer located in Louisville,KY, The guns were made by Crescent Fire Arms Company of Norwich,CT (1892 to 1932) so they have been out of business for seventy seven years. Parts are going to be a little hard to find.