CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CZ Grouse 20 ga sxs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:44 pm 
Field Grade

Does anyone have any experiance with these?
i have found one resonably priced in 500.00 range, is light and feels good, just wandered if anyone had shot or used one.
thanks
jb

Post subject: Re: CZ Grouse 20 ga sxs
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

I don't have a Grouse model, but my Bobwhite is one fine little gun! I have been "out" for a while and must admit to being a bit ignorant about the newer models, but if it is anything like my Bobwhite it sounds reasonable to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jb....

WELCOME!!! to the best little corner of SGW!!! Don't be a stranger, stick around and join the fun!

We've got some GREAT photo threads! Post pics of yourself in "Who are we"...."Huglu photo thread" is self explanatory....Please vote in our poll about possibly changing the name of the forum....There is even a thread inviting you on a pheasant hunt with a bunch of the guys from here.

In short, pull up a chair by the fire and swap some stories....we love stories....

On that grouse....Sorry to say, I can't be much help...I've always been a DeHaan/Huglu guy and have only recently come over to "the dark side" :lol: :lol: :lol: So I'm not really familiar with the individual CZ/Huglu models. But if you have scoped her out and like her....jump on it.

BUT.....you might want to check out CDNN....they have several discontinued CZ/Huglu models that they are letting go starting at $500 NIB. Don't worry about them being "closeouts"....they are still fully warrantied by CZ.

Anyway, welcome to our happy band! Hope you will stick around!

Best....2few

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

OMG has a whole new meaning. OBAMA MUST GO!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:14 am 
Crown Grade

It is the same gun as the CZ Ringneck, just a different finish. I haven't shot a Ringneck/Grouse but have handled them in the gunshops. I personally like DT and Schnable fore ends better. They are just a bit lighter and swing a bit faster.

As for quality, few guys in this forum will say bad things. They're good guns for the money when considering a double.

I'd also second the CDNN recommendation, that's where I got my second CZ and I love it - great company and great gun. Better to get it new with the warranty in that price range.

MD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:56 am 
Crown Grade

CDNN has the CZ grouse 20 ga for $589.99, a really great buy. You also get the new gun warranty on that one. The Grouse is very similar to the Ringneck with the exception of the coin finish on the Grouse and the case color on the Ringneck. The Ringneck also has false sideplates that tie into the stock and may provide some additional strength at that joint. The stocks appear to be identical.

I have two CZ Ringnecks, a 16 ga and a 20 ga that I have had fitted to me and they are the two guns I usually go to for hunting. I used my 20 ga Ringneck for a skeet league this summer in an attempt to become a better shot and was the only one with no failure to fire or other malfunction the whole time. The triggers are the rough spot on the CZ's, but do respond to a little TLC with Arkansas stones and a buffing wheel. The guns are built to a price, without all the hand fitting of the real high dollar guns, but I'm willing to do a little work myself to get a very well built, sturdy gun at a reasonable price. The aesthetics of the guns are better than many much higher priced guns with the fit and finish and quality of wood making them one of the real bargains in the marketplace today. I've been looking at the Grouse and Partridge 20 ga guns on CDNN, but believe I'll just wait for my DeHaan SGr to arrive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hey jb...

So what did you decide? Did you snap that baby up? Don't leave us hangin' here man!

Best...2few

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:01 pm 
Field Grade

all
thanks for all the replies, yes i bought it 585 NIB, shot 3 rds skeet saturday had three 23's, swings really fast, compared to my o/u, i love it so far. Can't wait to try Quail, and doves.
i will try and post pic'x later in the week.
thanks again.
jb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:25 pm 
Crown Grade

jb461, Congrats and good for you!!! That's some fine shooting. I'm pretty sure that you'll end up just like most of us here, just hopelessly addicted to these great guns. I just have to almost pinch myself once in a while just to make sure that I'm not just dreaming this stuff. It's just amazing that a guy can buy these guns at incredibly affordable prices and then they turn out to be some of the best shooting and handling guns that you'll ever own, they are just amazingly great guns. Thank's for keeping us up to date on your journey. We would all like to see your pictures when you get around to taking some and 2fewdaysafield (our resident Walmart Greeter/Photo Poster Guy and DeHaan Pimp) can even help you post them if you have any problems doing that. Thanks for joining the group.
strat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jb!!! Good on you man!!!! And FINE shooting with a new gun!!! Like Strat said, sometimes its downright scary what good buys these guns are!

Can't wait to see some pics and read some stories of your hunts! As Strat said, if you need any help posting pics, just let me know....the "Walmart greeter/pic poster/DeHaan pimp" is always glad to help!

Congrats on your new gun and just to be nuts....Let me be the fist to say...

WELCOME to the newly renamed "I Love my Huglu shotguns" forum. Hope you will stick around!

Best...2few