CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: H & R Excell Auto 5 Choke tubes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:36 pm 
Utility Grade

What tubes interchange with the H & R Excell tubes? They say they are 32 tpi. They sure look like Remington tubes.

Post subject: Re: H & R Excell Auto 5 Choke tubes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

http://www.choketube.com/guide.html

Interchangeable with Verona SX-405 choke tubes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:10 pm 
Utility Grade

I am not so sure, check this out from Trulock Chokes

http://www.trulockchokes.com/cgi-bin/eS ... e_list.htm

Excells from after the Remington take over , looks like they take Remington chokes. I thought my tube looked a lot like Remington.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

No, I know for sure that the Win, Brown & Mossy chokes don't go into a H&R Excell Auto 5 nor the Verona SX405.

The Excell and the Verona SX 405 are the same gun, and I own a Verona, and I've sold plenty of Auto 5s, so I can guarantee that they ARE NOT Invector/Mossy chokes. They are nothing alike.

I've got a Citori, had a WinSX2, had my share of Remingtons and I can speak for 95% of the massly produced guns on the market because I sold them for 3 yrs at one of the "Big Box" stores.

Now, just before I left the "big box" store for my career--H&R was bought out by Remington, which then may have switched to Rem Chokes, but I'm 99.9% positive that they are still Verona style threads....

My suggestion is to take the gun into your local gun store and check the Rem Chokes to see if they work. Your local gun store should DEFINATLY have Rem Chokes for you to compare against.....