CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Does anyone shoot a Wad Wizard Choke tubes??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:17 pm 
Field Grade

Does anyone shoot the wad wizard brand choke tube?? They are supposed to give much better patters by an inner stud ring in the tube that momentarily grabs the wad, keeping it from blowing through the patter. You can shoot any size shot through it too, supposedly. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Does anyone shoot a Wad Wizard Choke tubes??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:48 am 
Diamond Grade

I asked a similar question. I got a response from a hunter via email. Here's what I got from him....

Quote:
First off I would like to thank you for your e-mail. I personally will use the Swat for skeet, trap (16 yd line) & sporting clays. Depending on what type of shooting I am doing, weather & shells will determine when I use the Supreme. Real windy day shooting trap, I would consider the Supreme w/ 2 3/4 or 3 dram, 8 shot. I used the Swat 90% of this past waterfowl season & am partial to Federal (2 3/4") or Winchester Supremes (3") 3 shot. When I shot skeet in the past before being introduced to Wad Wizards Swat tube, I shot a cylinder bore (skeet) factory choke & later found I liked the improved cylinder tube. I would shoot trap with a modified or full. I liked the modified since that was what I used to use while hunting ducks. I like to think of the Swat as a tube somewhere in between an improved cyl. & a modified. You mentioned taking some lessons. Some instructors hate open chokes (Swat) when it comes to shooting trap. If you have an open minded instructor who wants to see you get comfortable with your mechanics & see you bust some targets start with the Swat & then as you get more comfortable try the Supreme. I would like to mention that I find the best results when I am using a load that will shoot around 1200 fps, & I like 7 1/2's & 8 shot. I hope I have been of some help.

Keep well, keep happy & keep your head on the stock. - Robert Stack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:50 am 
Limited Edition

I use the WW Swat tube for alot of my closer shooting ,the supreme never worked out for me in my SBE. I had a WW Supreme tube in my Xtrema & it worked & patterned great. The Swat tube patterns & works great in the field with hevi-shot . It works good with steel shot too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:41 am 
I had them and they did not work well in my Benelli with Hi-Speed steel in my gun.
They did work great with Kent Tungston Matrix and Hevi- Shot though.
The only way you will know is to do some pattern testing with them in your gun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:48 am 
Presentation Grade

They do very well with a lot of lead loads, but get much more 'picky' when it comes to steel, particularly high velocity or those with two-pice wads, etc. Mileage will vary, but the SWAT is an awesome dove and clays choke with typical lead loads, and I've seen the Supreme do some amazing stuff on trap. :) Like everything else, your gun may/may not like it and load patterning is always a good idea.