CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli Vinci
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:16 pm 
Tournament Grade

I am looking at buying a new waterfowl gun within the next week. What do you guys think of the Benelli Vinci? It seemd to have some glowing reviews fro various hunting writers. Anybody have one or care to share your opinion?

Post subject: Re: Benelli Vinci
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:21 pm 

I can't say honestly I would spring almost 1600 for one when the M2 in synthetic will do the same thing. Also I have no idea what value Benelli sees in a quick removal buttstock. Still it seems reliable, gun tests had no issues with their unit and I like the idea of all the shooting innards in the receiver for quick access.
But for 1600 quid...........I dunno, I really don't.

Amassing a stockpile of shotshells

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Aluminum for Beretta
Bennelli's of plastic made
And stamped parts for Remingtons,
So common in the trade

"Good" said the Super X
Hanging on the wall,
But chrome moly steel
Is the Master of them all!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:23 pm 
Field Grade

I will start off by saying that I own a camo Vinci W/26" barrel. If you don't need a gun that will shoot 3 1/2" shells then you need to get your self a Vinci.
I am a big fan of the Benelli shotguns and have owned many and the Vinci to date is by far the best one yet. For some reason it just does everything perfect for me. I have shot it at doves, pheasants and waterfowl and it never stops amazing me. Some say it is ugly but the way the gun performs one can over look it being ugly. I used to think it was ugly but the more I shoot it the better it looks. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:53 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Kolar Kid wrote:
the Vinci to date is by far the best one yet. For some reason it just does everything perfect for me.

I couldn't agree more:

http://randywakeman.com/VinciInDepth.htm

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:24 pm 

It seems that every model gets glowing reviews from the magazine writers. Not that the Vinci is not a good model with some good features. It's a great design as far as how it breaks down.

Having the recoil spring in the receiver instead of the stock is always a good feature on a waterfowl model as it easier to get at and less prone to neglect. The reason being the introduction of added moisture that can and often occurs while waterfowling.

The Vinci also comes in B/S and camo finishes which are pettey for waterfowling as they are not affected by the moisture.

I prefer a 3 1/2" model for my waterfowling model. Granted I take most of my ducks with 3" steel loads. The bigger chamber is just more versatile in the blind and I like it for geese.

The Vinci would not be my first choice for a waterfowl only model but, it would be far from my last choice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:45 pm 
Field Grade

LongShank wrote:
I am looking at buying a new waterfowl gun within the next week. What do you guys think of the Benelli Vinci? It seemd to have some glowing reviews fro various hunting writers. Anybody have one or care to share your opinion?

If you would like to buy a new in the box vinci, for $1,100 + shipping let me know. I have one that's looking for a hunter of fowl.

Sold

Last edited by Shoothappy on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:03 pm 
Field Grade

I think that it is important that one shoots a gun before an honest opinion can be formed. I herd he said thing doesn't cut it.
I was one of the ones that thought the Vinci was as ugly of a shotgun that could have been built. That quickly changed after I purchased one and shot it.
To me that is the true test. Shoot one, then pass judgment.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:18 pm 
Field Grade

Kolar Kid wrote:
I think that it is important that one shoots a gun before an honest opinion can be formed. I herd he said thing doesn't cut it.
I was one of the ones that thought the Vinci was as ugly of a shotgun that could have been built. That quickly changed after I purchased one and shot it.
To me that is the true test. Shoot one, then pass judgment.

I agree it is a strange but neat design. I won the gun at a shoot recently. If i did hunt duck I would keep it. I just don't see myself getting back into waterfowl hunting again. I have a buddy that shoots sporting and hunts with his and he has nothing but praise for his.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

(For the record) I own a SuperSport; I happen to think it is "handsome"!
I, too, thought the Vinci was ugly, until I saw it in person. It looks better to me, in person, than in photos. I handled it, it feels light and well-balanced. I did not shoot it but my buddy did. He feels that it is softer-shooting than the SS (and it is unported)!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:24 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Worc wrote:
It seems that every model gets glowing reviews from the magazine writers.

Unless that 'model' happens to be a Taurus Judge, Remington 105Cti, Rem. 887, or other disasters.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 pm 

RandyWakeman wrote:
Worc wrote:
It seems that every model gets glowing reviews from the magazine writers.

Unless that 'model' happens to be a Taurus Judge, Remington 105Cti, Rem. 887, or other disasters.

Wow, three whole models! :D I'll take your word on the 887 and Judge although I saw a good one on the Judge some where. Every thing I have seen in various magazines on the 105 Cti were pretty postive. Here's, been another story though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:27 am 
Presentation Grade

Take a look at the new Browning Maxus.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

Shoothappy wrote:
LongShank wrote:

If you would like to buy a new in the box vinci, for $1,100 + shipping let me know. I have one that's looking for a hunter of fowl.

david_craven@comcast.net

If I can talk my wife into an early X-mas present, I'll be in touch. .......

jed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:39 pm 
Field Grade

jed1894 wrote:
Shoothappy wrote:
LongShank wrote:

david_craven@comcast.net

If I can talk my wife into an early X-mas present, I'll be in touch. .......

jed

Just let me know.