CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is a Fausti Albion model basically a Rizzini??
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:09 pm 
Crown Grade

Just wondering if the Fausti Albion model is a Rizzini?? It looks a lot like a Sig and some Verona's. Also is the Albion a good gun. Here is some pictures of one I know that one of the Fausti sisters is married to a Rizzini.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/conte ... hyId=11653

Thank's!! strat

Post subject: Re: Is a Fausti Albion model basically a Rizzini??
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:54 pm 
Diamond Grade

The Veronas are OEM by Fausti, and the E. Rizzini guns are made in the Fausti factory.
Davide

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:43 pm 
Crown Grade

Thank's Davide!! Hey in recent hunt pictures on the 28 gauge site was the whisker dog a German Wirehair, VDD or a Griffon. He was a very good looking dog, actually they were all nice looking dogs, I use to have a Lab but now have a VDD and a Brittany. Those were really nice photos by the way. Thank's Again!!
strat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:17 am 
Diamond Grade

That was a Pic of Tramp AKA the Village idiot! :mrgreen:
great dawg and companion to my hunting partner.
he is a pure bred Griffon, from Quebec.
As fine a pointer as they come, as spinny as a Brittney, and as goofy as a lab! :lol:
Actually, he courses close most of the time, points rock solid - if he lifts his head after 3 seconds, it's a cold point.
I watched him hold point while a made my way across the field last week, and what with getting the camera out, it all took about 4 minutes - that dog hold like a rock! :D
Goofy does not define him though, simply a 4 year old pup! :lol:
Davide

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:30 am 
Diamond Grade

FYI strat, the youngest of the Faustis Sisters, Barbara, is married to Fabio Rizzini, who owns
Emillio Rizzini &Co.
Davide

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:39 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Davide,

I think the Verona O/Us brought into the U.S. by BCC imports were made by F.A.I.R. We in the U.S. can't get them NIB anymore (importer went toes up), so if you're still seeing new ones in Canada, they may well be OEM by Fausti.

The mentioned Rizzini/Fausti marriage did indeed bring Fausti and E. Rizzini under the same ownership group, as I understand.

As to the OP's original question. The actions/lockup method of the guns you mentioned are all the same. I haven't heard enough about the Fausti Albion's quality control to tell you how they compare with a F.A.I.R. or B.Riz, but the design is certainly a reliable one for a hunter. I hunt with 2 different FAIR 16s and have also owned B.Riz and CG O/Us in 20 ga. All were trouble free.

Best,
Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:39 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Davide Todd wrote:
The Veronas are OEM by Fausti, and the E. Rizzini guns are made in the Fausti factory.
Davide

The new Verona Company's are Fausti. The now defunct Verona Company's O/U's were from F.A.I.R. or Zoli.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
― Benjamin Franklin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:28 pm 
Diamond Grade

leftieD wrote:
Davide Todd wrote:
Davide

The new Verona Company's are Fausti. The now defunct Verona Company's O/U's were from F.A.I.R. or Zoli.

The Verona o/us are still made by F.A.I.R. for Legacy, Fausti is making the SxSs, and the semi-autos are made by F. Lli Pietta.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/Shotguns/3-n ... e-usa.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:45 am 
Limited Edition

Legacy imports from 3 different Italian manufacturers under the VERONA trademark.
The O/U's are in fact from FAIR, Isadoro Rizzini. great guns, strong and dependable.
The S/S's are Fausti's
The semi auto's are the most interesting. They are inertia guns made by Pietta, in Italy. They can be viewed with data on the Pietta site. Look like lower cost Benelli.
Art

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:52 pm 
Diamond Grade

[quote="artrebound"]Legacy imports from 3 different Italian manufacturers under the VERONA trademark.
The O/U's are in fact from FAIR, Isadoro Rizzini. great guns, strong and dependable.
The S/S's are Fausti's
The semi auto's are the most interesting. They are inertia guns made by Pietta, in Italy. They can be viewed with data on the Pietta site. Look like lower cost Benelli.
Art[/quote]

My bad! :oops: I was reffering to the O/U's only! :lol:
Davide