CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: reloading supplies in kansas city,mo area?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:00 pm 
Diamond Grade

Where is a good place to get reloading supplies here?I just moved here and don't know my way around yet.THANKS. sj :?:

Post subject: Re: reloading supplies in kansas city,mo area?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:19 pm 
Limited Edition

I'm still looking myself. There is a shop in North Kansas City that had pretty good prices on primers $23.50/1000 and the powder was reasonable too. The shot was almost $18 though. It's called Denny's guns, they're in th ephone book. Great Guns in Kearney is pretty good also. KCTA shooting range sells componets too.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:37 pm 
Diamond Grade

Thanks Phil.How you doing today?Talk to you later. sj

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:49 pm 
Utility Grade

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would ask the same question today that this thread asked 6 years ago. Where is a good place to purchase reloading supplies in KC metro area? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:15 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

But wouldn't it be great if the prices were still the same? Big difference, in just a very few short years!

Most of those places are still in business, although if one can find someone with regular orders going into the warehouses, like some clubs do, for their members, it really helps.

What part of the Metro are you in?

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 am 
Utility Grade

jugchoke wrote:
But wouldn't it be great if the prices were still the same? Big difference, in just a very few short years!

Most of those places are still in business, although if one can find someone with regular orders going into the warehouses, like some clubs do, for their members, it really helps.

What part of the Metro are you in?

I live in Waldo. Prices have gone up quite a bit sense I last reloaded in 2005.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:06 am 
Field Grade

Gamaliel, Ky! I have not found good prices yet. The Bullet Hole in Meriam has components but they have outrageous prices too, $49 for 1k Rem 209STS primers, $18 for 500 TGT12 wads, and so forth. Its too bad too because they are right down the street from me. Olathe Gun Shop has a small selection and their prices are not too bad but they do not have much in stock. Bass Pro is expensive and they don't have much either, and Cabela's doesn't have much in stock and prices are a bit high.

I have not been to Smithville yet but I hear he has a good selection, and Ft. Leavenworth is supposed to have a good selection at good prices but you have to be eligible to buy on Post. I have a friend who goes up there on occasion and buys stuff for me.

I have found the best prices and selection via Gamaliel, the sponsor of this site. I have no affiliation so I gain nothing by recommending them. I wish I had known about them years ago for my metallic reloading.

Hope this was helpful. If you find a place I have not mentioned please let me know.

ajohn151

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

Harrison St. pawn in Olathe is probably the best around for wads, powder and primers, not sure about shot. If you like to shoot sporting clays or preserve birds, make a trip to Cokeley Farms, bout 15 miles north of Topeka, that is where I buy all of my reloading supplies. From $23-$31 for case of primers, $27 for reclaimed shot that is very good, I believe $34 for magnum shot, and most powders are in the $15-$18 range, cant remember what the wads are, cheaper than other places around. Also a good excuse to throw in a round of sporting clays. My last trip to Dennys guns they said they were stopping selling of reloading supplies, I bought a bunch of the primers they were getting rid of.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:02 pm 
Field Grade

jarbo03 wrote:
Harrison St. pawn in Olathe is probably the best around for wads, powder and primers, not sure about shot.

I went to Harrison St. pawn this evening and it was a bit slim on supplies. Maybe I am too picky but the trip isn't worth it in my opinion. YMMV

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:30 am 
Tournament Grade

ajohn151 wrote:
jarbo03 wrote:
Harrison St. pawn in Olathe is probably the best around for wads, powder and primers, not sure about shot.

I went to Harrison St. pawn this evening and it was a bit slim on supplies. Maybe I am too picky but the trip isn't worth it in my opinion. YMMV

Haven't been there in a few years, not surprised they are going down hill like everywhere else. You are not too picky, it just shows how bad it is trying to find reloading supplies around here. I can not find one place in the area that sells Alliant STEEL for my waterfowl reloads and hazmat fees suck if you buy it online.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As I said, "some" of the ranges carry a few things. Some for one price for everybody, and some will give members a break.

The one in Harrisonville, 30 miles SE of the metro carries a small selection, with pretty good prices, in comparison to most.

Lake Lotta Watta, (Wanna), or whatever, also carries some things, at least shot, with about the best "member" price going, around here. I am not sure what else, if anything, that they carry though.

It's gotten so that no one wants to stock the inventory that it takes to be a really full service outfit, and some carry very little in stock, but claim to "johnny on the ball" in ordering things. Of course those are usually full mark-up, but if you are a member of some clubs, you might get in on a "semi regular buy", if you play your cards right, or become a member.

There are also a few "private" individuals that carry supplies, some having vans or trailers that show up at some of the bigger shoots. Make contact with one of those, and you can usually order things, and especially bulk quantities, at more reasonable prices.

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

Anything new since 2 years ago ? I would love to find a place locally to buy from .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:33 pm 
Crown Grade

One of the better places to try is Brunner Range on Ft. Leavenworth. It's open to civilians and normally sells a little cheaper than off-post locations. Last time I bought shot there it was $34.50/bag.

You can get the phone number off the Ft. Leavenworth web site and call them to see if they have the components you want in the size you need. Last time I bought Green Dot from them they only had the 4 lb. jug, not the 8 lb. I wanted.

One word of warning. If you want to take a gun, including a shotgun, on-post you MUST declare you have it at the gate and register it with the MP's. That can be a bureaucratic hassle.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thank You Bruce

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:43 pm 
Crown Grade

If you don't mind a 2hr drive East on 70, Midway USA is in Columbia. Their in-store pickup will save hazmat fees on powder and primers. Grafs is another 20 minutes in Mexico MO.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

I never thought of driving to Midway , although what I spend in gas I could probably have them deliver .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:37 pm 
Crown Grade

Mike AA wrote:
I never thought of driving to Midway , although what I spend in gas I could probably have them deliver .

I think Grafs has better prices and free shipping but both have had a difficult time lately keeping items in stock. It's possible some of the gun clubs in your area receive truck deliveries from Grafs. The club I belong to in the St Louis area does so I order everything through the club.