CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chondels
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:33 pm 
Utility Grade

How do you shoot chondels? Do you roll your shoulders with the flight of the target or do you bend your front knee and come down and across with the target line keeping your shoulders level?

Thanks for the help

Post subject: Re: Chondels
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:25 pm 
Clays Expert
Clays Expert

I try to keep my shoulders level while bending my knee and at my waist if necessary. I insert my gun on the line the bird or the direction the bird is traveling at that point in the targets flight...

I try to break chondels into three sections: rising, flat, and dropping. I then insert the gun with a good portion of the necessary lead and kill the target in the respective section. In other words, I never meet the bird when its going up and then shoot it when its dropping...