CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1980 Browning Citori-value?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:49 am 
Utility Grade

Still trying to gather more information on this one via email.Considering the purchase of this used 1980 Browning Citori,28 inch.Owner claims its in excellant condition with minor user flaws, and alledgedly 100 rounds fired.Obviously more information would help,but assuming it is in the condition the owner claims(clean) with no significant surface flaws and well kept barrel what might be a rough value.For the sake of speculation lets also assume it is a field grade. Thanks for any ballpark based on limited information.(owner asking $700). Hem

Post subject: Re: 1980 Browning Citori-value?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:35 am 
Limited Edition

I'd say it is a fair price at $700, what I would want to know if it is fixed choke or screw in. If it is fixed choke then I personally would pass on it, because I shoot way too many different things. What it would cost to put screw in chokes in a gun, you could probably find a gun with screw in chokes already.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:58 am 
Tournament Grade

Hem,

I have friend who passed on a similar described gun for me, "100-200 rounds", fixed choke,... said the pics came from a cell and round count seamed "very low"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:18 pm 
Utility Grade

Yeah, the description did say full choke/modified,which I guess would presume fixed and not screw-in.I would agree that this would would limit the versatality unless one was only looking for a pheasant gun,maybe turkeys.These days multi-functional applications is the only way I can make a purchase valid,don't need a one bird gun,have plenty of turkey guns and don't hunt pheasants enough to spend $700.Too bad, seems like a decent price .Thanks