CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 1100 Monte Carlo Stock
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

Where is the best place to look for a monte carlo stock for an 1100? I figured the trap shooters would know best. I shoot skeet and I have set up my 12 ga 1100 trap with skeet barrel. The difference between the field stock and monte carlo is night and day for me with fit and reduced recoil. Its unbelievable. I want a 12 ga monte carlo stock now for my 1100 20 gauge. I am tired of swapping the one monte carlo stock I have between the two guns.

I ran an add in classifieds on this forum and have gotten no responses, also been watching ebay but have not seen the one I want. I tried the plastic stock but it does not feel or look right. I want one of the older (70's, 80's) style. I don't care if it needs refinished, I can do it. Only need the stock. If its cut that is alright as well. I am only like a 13 3/4 to 14" LOP.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Brian

Post subject: Re: Remington 1100 Monte Carlo Stock
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:50 pm 
Gunsmith
Gunsmith

Post a "WTB" (Wanted To Buy) thread on Trapshooters.com and I bet you find one.

http://tronspace.com/default.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:54 am 
Tournament Grade

Thanks for the tip Tron

Brian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 am 
Crown Grade

havnfun wrote:
Where is the best place to look for a monte carlo stock for an 1100? I figured the trap shooters would know best. I shoot skeet and I have set up my 12 ga 1100 trap with skeet barrel. The difference between the field stock and monte carlo is night and day for me with fit and reduced recoil. Its unbelievable. I want a 12 ga monte carlo stock now for my 1100 20 gauge. I am tired of swapping the one monte carlo stock I have between the two guns.

I ran an add in classifieds on this forum and have gotten no responses, also been watching ebay but have not seen the one I want. I tried the plastic stock but it does not feel or look right. I want one of the older (70's, 80's) style. I don't care if it needs refinished, I can do it. Only need the stock. If its cut that is alright as well. I am only like a 13 3/4 to 14" LOP.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Brian

The easiest (and most expensive) option is to order a new walnut MC buttstock directly from Remington.

Or, you could spend $200 and have an adjustable comb installed on your current stock.

Otherwise, you'll have to keep scouring eBay, and various vendors, looking for the right stock. I believe Remington has standardized their current production buttstocks, so that the 870, 1100, and 1187 all share the same buttstock (and they have a kit to accomodate the 870's shorter stockbolt). I don't know how interchangeable stocks are with older 1100s.

Here are some ideas:

http://www.remingtoncountrystore.com/Pa ... opcat=1038

http://www.gun-parts.com/remingtonstocks/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 am 
Limited Edition

The best and least expensive source I have found is Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. The link is:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:31 pm 
Diamond Grade

Dependent on your level of intensity. Your facial structure may have alot to do with your decision...
If you have a narrow face certainly a monte carlo stock will help raise your sight plane. Buying a adjustable but stock will give you more options if you have a very narrow bone structure or deficit.

"You will receive power"
Acts 1:8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:22 am 
Tournament Grade

When I put my cheek down on a field stock I am looking at the back of the receiver. I can't see down the rib. Parallel combs and Monte Carlo combs (or adjustable combs) are the only way to go for me with target shooting pre-mounted. With hunting it doesnt seem to matter.

There are several stock makers that can make me a stock for under $100 but I have to finish the stock which I don't mind. I am leaning towards Wenig and that New American Design. I like the Monte Carlo stock and how they build the offset comb and kick the toe away from the shooter. I believe she quoted me $90 plus tax, and I imagine its plus shipping. That is with the very basic wood which would match my forend on the 20 ga standard wt. 1100. My trap 1100 has nicer wood.

It almost looks like my 1100 stock has offset comb and toe out but its really hard to see. Anyone here using the Wenig design?

Brian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:49 pm 
Field Grade

You stated that you had a 20ga 1100 that you wanted a monte Carlo stock for. If it is a Lightweight model I believe the stock for a remington 7400 or 7600 will fit, however do some searches because I'm not positive. If its a regular type (same as 12ga) and If you don't mind one that isn't checkerd try westerngunparts.com you'll have to call or check their gunbroker listings.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:58 pm 
Tournament Grade

Just picked up another 1100 monte carlo stock from Macongunstocks. It was on ebay cheap. Not checkered and I have to fit it to the gun and put a pad on it but that's ok with me. I cannot believe how much money the factory stocks sell for if you can find one. This stock I just bought will go on the 20 ga so now I don't have to swap my monte carlo back and forth between the two guns.

Brian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

How about a drop-in synthetic stock that already has an adjustable comb installed. Complete set is comparable to what you'd spend just to have an adjustable comb installed.

(pic shows 870 set, the only difference b/w that and the 1100/1187 set is the forend).

$179.95 for a Rem 1100 set in black (I'm running free shipping until Jan 1 if you can act quickly).

Check out my website below.

kolarskeet@gmail.com
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:09 pm 
Tournament Grade

skeet_ man

I just picked up another trap stock set with really nice wood for $150 shipped to me. I am going to try the two trap stocks I just bought before moving on. Curious about this Jack West stock. What is the length of pull on that stock? Do they offer several thickness of pads so a person can adjust the LOP to get it right? If not, how difficult is it to cut that stock and refit the pad?

Brian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:17 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Brian- Stock as it sits is 14" w/ a 1" pad. They don't offer any additional pads from the factory. No problems cutting the stock, although the way the pad is designed, you may have to have a new pad fit (for some reason, they are ALL rubber, with no plastic base, I don't know what problems this may cause if you tried to regrind the original pad).

kolarskeet@gmail.com
http://www.sminglershotgunsports.webs.com

Manufacturer of Custom Brass Barrel Weights for over/under, top single, and unsingle shotguns.