CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pri ghost ring sights pictures
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:22 am 
Field Grade

can anybody show me a side view and an eye view "camera looking through the sights so i can get an idea what it looks like and if you have tritium show it in the dark and if you have the twin green optic bars for the rear sight show it also. just trying to get an idea what my options look like, thanks.

Post subject: Re: pri ghost ring sights pictures
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:16 pm 
Field Grade

anybody? :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:38 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to. (1931)
buck440 wrote:
Can anybody show me a side view and an eye view "camera looking through the sights so I can get an idea what it looks like and if you have tritium show it in the dark and if you have the twin green optic bars for the rear sight show it also. Just trying to get an idea what my options look like, thanks.
Is this the PRI Flip Up Rear Sight, PRI-FUP-RS0, $135.00 to which you are referring? If so, MWG Company of Miami, FL can probably answer your questions, 1-866 307-1466. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:32 am 
Field Grade

no it has wings on the side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to. (1931)
Do you have a link to the product?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:34 pm 
Field Grade

http://www.precisionsights.com/Product/ ... _page.html

bar11r

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Image Image D4- Standard, D2- Twin Dot, D5- Twin Green Fiber Optic, D3- Twin Tritium

Gotcha. You titled your thread "pri ghost ring sights" so I assumed that you meant Precision Reflex, Inc. when you actually meant "psi" Precision Sales International, Inc. Most posters here are more familiar with XS Sights, so here are some of their pictures also. I do think that the double aperture GRS in the first picture that I posted (or something similar) for both CQB and long shots is worth a second thought. Good luck, buck440.

Image Image Image
FMD wrote:
Tritium sights on the rear aperature tend to overpower the front sight due to their proximity to the eye. They really aren't needed. ...Many folks assume that top of the post is what should be centered in the rear ghost ring. On conventional peep sights or GRS, that would be correct. With an XS BigDot front sight, you need to have the center part of the dot (the tritium element) centered. That tends to put buckshot patterns wherever the dot goes and slugs at the apex of the dot... The human brain likes to center circles within circles...The larger the rear aperature, the quicker (but less precise, theoretically) the brain can do....

Donald.Brown wrote:
...This was the old GRS view. >>> Image This is the XS Big Dot view. >>> Image

I am sure that everyone is different, but I find it much easier to put the XS Big Dot in the center of the ghost ring rather than the top of the line in the center of the ghost ring.

Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:19 pm 
Field Grade

yah, sorry i said it wrong lol. i'm getting them soon and was just wondering what it would look like looking through it, thanks.