CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gamebore 'White Gold'
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:37 pm 
Field Grade

Any thoughts or experience regarding the Gamebore 'White Gold' shells?

Post subject: Re: Gamebore 'White Gold'
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:04 pm 
Crown Grade

I won a flat of those shells a few years ago (1 oz) I shot them for FITASC and I thought they performed well. I would buy them if they were for sale in this area at a competitive price but no one carries them.

NSCA #551026
FORUMS are ENTERTAINMENT. They don't teach shooting! Watch anonymous big talkers. You get a tip, not a system. Some will have you chasing your tail from eye dominance to ???

Want to *really* shoot? Get a coach & work your a$$ off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:53 pm 
Crown Grade

Yikes, 12 Gauge, 1 oz, 8's at 1330 fps

brad g.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:01 pm 
Crown Grade

bacadog; the 1 oz. version are about as good as it gets :wink: The 1 1/8 oz. shells are way too stout for my taste :shock:

RTA48

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:46 pm 
Tournament Grade

I've tried white gold and black gold, they felt good, they break targets like many others, but nothing patterns in my gun better than Rem STS. Try them on paper.

If only I could remember to do that

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 am 
Crown Grade

White Golds are very popular in the UK. I don't know if the recipe is the same but it's a fast shell and the recoil is fairly stiff. The Black Gold is even faster (and stiffer) and also the loudest shell in the universe. If you're within 5yds when it goes bang you feel the shock wave through your feet!

The Blue Diamond is a little slower at about 1250 (US) fps but it still has the diamond shot, and is by far the most popular Gamebore shell. Apparently it's the top selling clay shell in the UK.

For some inexplicable reason I'm not a fan of Gamebore and my preferred shells are Eley Blues which seem to do a good job in my Beretta and cost me a lot less. Which is nice.

Robert Browning

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:17 pm 
Tournament Grade

Trickster wrote:
.....The Blue Diamond is a little slower at about 1250 (US) fps ..... Apparently it's the top selling clay shell in the UK.

.... my preferred shells are Eley Blues which seem to do a good job in my Beretta and cost me a lot less. Which is nice.

I've always heard Lyavale shells were the top selling shell in the UK? Is your info above based on your observations or have you seen sales numbers for these brands to confirm which sells more shells? Just curious, not busting your balls or anything.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

They seem to work well on very long targets. Watched Digweed roll up a bunch of 60-70 yarders with the one ounce 7.5 White Gold's. It was quite convincing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:14 am 
Diamond Grade

if anyone is in the Washington DC area and wants to go in on a bulk order, let me know. I contacted Gamebore's importer, Kent, in West Virginia. All they have are the 8.5 shot size in their own warehouse, none of the 7.5 or 8. Freight would be free if we ordered 25 or more flats. I don't need 25 flats, but I would be up for maybe 10 flats.

I also contacted Intasport down in Texas. Freight is a killer for anything less than bulk but at least they have 7.5 and 8 in stock. I would prefer to order 8 or 7.5 more so than 8.5. We would also need a commercial address with a loading dock to buy a bulk order (which I have access to neither).

send me a pm on here or email me: ntesta04@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:24 pm 
Diamond Grade

cafowler

I agree with trickster on Gamebore - I have never been a fan -- I did see Digweed shoot some to good effect from hip but it was mentioned to me that perhaps what was in case wasn't what was said on box. - This guy is paid for exhibition shooting.
I used to shoot Lyavale Express Supers but prices went up then shot HV's - all 1oz and now shoot Eley First's - sort of cheaper version of Blues - still have old flat's of Eley Superbs and Blues but to be honest can't tell the difference between First's and Superbs except price. - I see more Eley sold at my local shoots than Lyavale.

Dave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:56 am 
Crown Grade

lylevale i think are the most popular shell. they are available everywhere.
i tried some white gold a while back. for the money they were way too expensive.

if i recall they were double the price than the cheapies.

i`ve always used express, but i prefer hull cartridge, rio, rotwiell, lylevale express, gamebore, eley. in that order.
i just use whatever i can get my hands on. i`m so choked up (well my guns are) that any shell would do something to the target !
:lol: :lol:

hull soverign are the best shell i`ve ever used. (very fast)
http://www.hullcartridge.co.uk/products ... ereign.cfm
cook.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:56 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Quote:
I did see Digweed shoot some to good effect from hip but it was mentioned to me that perhaps what was in case wasn't what was said on box.

He did the 110 yard teal exibition, and I know the guy that suplied the shells. Off the shelf Gamebore.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:42 am 
Crown Grade

cafowler1000 wrote:
I've always heard Lyavale shells were the top selling shell in the UK? Is your info above based on your observations or have you seen sales numbers for these brands to confirm which sells more shells? Just curious, not busting your balls or anything.

We're getting a bit OT but I'm not sure where I got that from. I have a feeling it was on their site at one time. It made sense a few years ago because the overwhelming majority of SC shooters here don't shoot registered or indeed any comps at all, and almost every club shooter seemed to be using them. Not so many now though - Blue Diamonds have become very expensive.

I've seen too many issues with the cheapo imports and 3/4oz loads so I stick with 1oz Eley Blues at 35% less money than White Golds.

Robert Browning

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:06 am 
Field Grade

Gamebore White Gold - my preferred FITASC load. Would shoot them at everything, but can't afford to.

Mike