CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Smith & Wesson Elite Over/Under
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:22 am 
Field Grade

What is the opinion of this gun? It may have been on here before, but a search came up empty. :?

Post subject: Re: Smith & Wesson Elite Over/Under
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:16 pm 
Diamond Grade

Here is one.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=179115&hilit=s%26w+elite

I have only seen these in a shop and at the time was not that interested so I didn't look it over carefully. The price on these has come down quite a bit lately making them worth a second look. These have been discontinued by S&W, but per S&W, owners will be supported with parts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:17 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:42 pm 
Diamond Grade

Your welcome.

After you have seen a few and have formulated an opinion, post again here and let everyone (me) know what you thought about these guns. Happy hunting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:15 am 
Presentation Grade

Grizzlyman wrote:
Here is one.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=179115&hilit=s%26w+elite

I have only seen these in a shop and at the time was not that interested so I didn't look it over carefully. The price on these has come down quite a bit lately making them worth a second look. These have been discontinued by S&W, but per S&W, owners will be supported with parts.

Discontinued? Didn't S&W open their own factory in Turkey to make their shotguns? I have never seen one in a store but they looked nice on the commercials they ran.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 am 
Crown Grade

Smith and Wesson did not own the factory in Turkey. They contracted with a Turkish manufacturer who built a factory to build guns for them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:03 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I think S&W may have had some people on the ground in Turkey, but that was about the extent of it. If it was a brand-spankin' new plant, it still belonged to the Turks who built it.

I've seen 'em and thought they look like reasonably nice guns ... just not at the original asking prices. Discounted enough, I might consider one of the SxSs as a hunter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Colt, Smith and Wesson, Remington, and Winchester all have almost magical brand names. All of them have, over the years, tried importing foriegn shotguns with their brand on them, and all have failed. Well, Winchester had a good long run with the Japanese 101's, and they haven't given up yet on the FN Belgian guns,,,but they haven't exactly hit any home runs, either. Only Browning has mastered the trick.;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 am 
Crown Grade

Winchester won't give up on FN guns because FN owns the Winchester firearms name.