CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta mobilchoke Briley x2 / spectrum vs beretta victory
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:28 am 
Field Grade

Hello,

Need some help on readers experiences using Briley X2 or Spectrum extended chokes vs Beretta Victory extended chokes. Looking to buy some real soon and I was hoping form some community feedback. Pros or Cons. My gun is a Beretta 686 White Onyx w/ mobilechoke system.

Post subject: Re: Beretta mobilchoke Briley x2 / spectrum vs beretta victory
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you looking to just add some chokes to you might look here

www.cdnninvestments.com they have new extended Mobil chokes for 12.99 plus shipping.

there are many different choke manufactures,but in my limited experience ones not really that much better(pattern wise) than the others.

some folks say xyz chokes are the only ones to use,that's ok but with my limited budget i'd rather pay 13.00 than what some of the others cost.

but it really comes down to what works the best in your gun and with the loads you shoot.

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:47 am 
Limited Edition

From long experience of playing around with Beretta chokes(both Mobilchoke and Optima) and the alternatives,my suggestion is that you save your money and stick with the Victory.They perform very well and any differences between them and after market chokes is marginal.

Vic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

I thought the Victory chokes were just for the Optima bore. They would not work on a Mobil choke bore. Am I thinking wrong here?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:07 am 
Tournament Grade

I personally use the Briley Spectrum line in my 686 white onyx and they work great. Dont notice much difference between them and the factory chokes on the patterning board. But they look cool. And the folks at Briley are a pleasure to deal with, at least in my experience.

-Ross

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:19 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Killjoy66

You may consider giving Angleport a call, they offer five choke tubes for $100 and include a case as well. Briley chokes will be a little more money as I feel you are paying for the name. I have both brands and one works equally as well as the other. There are many aftermarket choke tubes out there, all with claims of why one brand is better than the other. Good luck with that. Shoot well............

TM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:00 am 
Presentation Grade

I use Carlson's choke tubes, but the choke tube debate is like the Chevy vs. Ford debate, it's all personal preference in most cases. Good shooting I have the 686 Sporting with optima bore and it's a great shotgun!!

NSCA #636379

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:23 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I use the Beretta extended chokes in my mobile choked 686. I see no reason to change. Except sometimes I use the flush chokes to make the barrel feel a little lighter.