CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Browning BPS - remove butt plate and stock
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:22 pm 
Utility Grade

Need to send Browning both the forend (already removed) and the stock of my browning BPS (Duck blind camo), due to heavy discoloration (turning yellow to brown) of the Duratouch camo on these composite parts...it doesn't happen on the steel parts (odd!!). I am wondering is there any way to remove the butt plate without cutting into it so I can remove the stock, have not been able to figure this out?

Any idea?

Post subject: Re: Browning BPS - remove butt plate and stock
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:14 am 
Diamond Grade

Without seeing your shotgun, I can't be sure of the following advice, but....

Most pump and semi-auto shotguns that come with a rubber recoil pad have two screws that attach the pad to the stock. If one looks very carefully in a strong light, there will be two small slits in the rear of the pad. Insert a screwdriver in the slits, and then unscrew the pad screws.

Once the pad is removed, there will be one long bolt that attaches the action to the stock. Usually a standard socket wrench is the ideal tool to separate the stock from the action.

Good Luck !
gold40

Post subject: Re: Browning BPS - remove butt plate and stock
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:23 am 
Crown Grade

I'll add two things. The slits may actually only be tiny holes so look hard. Second, use a lube on the screwdriver shaft (it will most likely be a philips) to make it easier to get it off. I heard somewhere dishwashing soap works really good.