CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Accessories for the Mossberg 930SPX
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:52 am 
Utility Grade

I have recently purchased a Mossberg930SPX I have been extreamly pleased with it so far. The only problem I run into is it properly cycling the Hornady low recoil"blue hull" and other loads that arent 11/8 oz. It cycles antyhing 11/8 oz or larger like a champ. My department just ordered me some "red hull" but I have not had a chance to use any of it. The biggest problem I have run into is finding accessories for the 930SPX. I am looking for a one point sling mount that preferably mounts between the stock and action. I am also looking for a replacement forend with built in rails. I have a weapon light/laser but it has to be mounted to a rail and you can not put a on/off switch pad on it. I have been told that there are products for other models that will fit the 930SPX without mod's but no one seem to know which ones. If anyone has any ideas it would be of great help.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Accessories for the Mossberg 930SPX
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:26 am 
Tournament Grade

I havent heard of the single point sling adapter or the picatinny rail fore arm for the 930 SPX? The only thing I bought aftermarket so far is the Choate oversized charging handle which is AWESOME vs the tiny (and sharp) stock handle. Check out http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com but the SPX is so new I dont think there has been enough time for the aftermarket to develop parts yet?

I am looking for a heat shield.

Single point slings are nice but I think my SPX is a little too heavy to be hanging there for any amount of time. I do like the Magpul sling that goes from a traditional 2 point to a single point sling in about a second.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:31 am 
Field Grade

There are some Mesa tactical products that will fit. for example, their barrel clamp and side saddle. I believe that Mesa has some form of sling attachment that fastens along with the side saddle. The Vang safety for the 590 also fits great.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:40 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

There is someone on this board that has made a single point sling plate that fits the 930. However, unless you just really want/need a single point I would highly recommend an adjustable two point. Even with the sling point being at the back of the receiver, there is still a whole lot of front end of the shotgun hanging that will make kneeling difficult if you have to get into that position.
I'm not aware of a railed foreend. The 930 hasn't really been around long enough/used widely enough yet to have a huge aftermarket.
If you look at the link below there's a discussion of several accessories that fit the 930.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/sh ... .php?t=167

ETA: Here is the thread with the guy making the single point plate-
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=172336&hilit=single+point+sling

http://www.weaponevolution.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:19 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

JWalkerSPD435 wrote:
...I am also looking for a replacement forend with built in rails...

I tried to modify my existing forearm and mount a piece of a rail to it.... How'd it come out??

Well let's just say, "Mossberg was nice enough to send me a repalcement forearm for free..."

I haven't had time to try again, but, by royally screwing up my first one, I have figured out the way to do it right the next time....

1) Take off the forearm
2) Get the Picatinny rail you want to use and line it up in the location on the forearm where you want it and mark the location of the holes.
3) Drill 3/16" holes into the forearm and install expansion thread inserts
http://www.mcmaster.com/#92394a113/=5nogfk
4) Install the picatinny rail to the forearm using 6-32 screws...
http://www.mcmaster.com/#92220a142/=5nofv5

As I said, I "think" this will work, I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out...
Smitty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

My SPX does not do well with light loads also. But lets face it the gun isn't designed for light loads ( at least I don't think so ) Stay with 1 oz or 1 1/8 oz at 1200fps or over and you should be fine. When a slug or buck is called for at a match I always use a full power load. The recoil of the SPX is very manageable even with full power loads. Remember there is no time like trigger time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:04 pm 
Field Grade

JWalkerSPD435 wrote:
I have recently purchased a Mossberg930SPX I have been extreamly pleased with it so far. The only problem I run into is it properly cycling the Hornady low recoil"blue hull" and other loads that arent 11/8 oz. It cycles antyhing 11/8 oz or larger like a champ. My department just ordered me some "red hull" but I have not had a chance to use any of it. The biggest problem I have run into is finding accessories for the 930SPX. I am looking for a one point sling mount that preferably mounts between the stock and action. I am also looking for a replacement forend with built in rails. I have a weapon light/laser but it has to be mounted to a rail and you can not put a on/off switch pad on it. I have been told that there are products for other models that will fit the 930SPX without mod's but no one seem to know which ones. If anyone has any ideas it would be of great help.
Thanks

This one is made for the Remington 870, but fits perfectly on my Mossberg 930 SPX.

http://www.stylefeeder.com/i/vd5r7398/R ... ight-69906

It goes under the magazine extension tube and fits left, right, or underneath.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:41 am 
Tournament Grade

That actually look simple... and simple is cool with me. I hate clamping stuff to barrels and tubes. The cleaner the look the better.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:28 pm 
Tournament Grade

Aimpro Tactical is supposed to be getting(or making?) an aluminum, railed forearm for the 930 SPX. I haven't talked to Mike in a couple of months, but he has my SPX and is supposed to be installing this forearm on my gun, in addition to some barrel work and whatever else he can do to slick it up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:29 pm 
Utility Grade

if you would just let me know when something is definate. Pictures of 930spx with accessories would be great.
Thanks,
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:57 pm 
Tournament Grade

JWalkerSPD435 wrote:
if you would just let me know when something is definate. Pictures of 930spx with accessories would be great.
Thanks,
Jeff

I'd be glad to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:30 pm 
Tournament Grade

agksimon wrote:

This one is made for the Remington 870, but fits perfectly on my Mossberg 930 SPX.

Could you post a couple pics of it please? I may get one but would like to see how it looks on an SPX. Thanks.

The Guinea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:40 pm 
Tournament Grade

The Guinea wrote:
agksimon wrote:

Could you post a couple pics of it please? I may get one but would like to see how it looks on an SPX. Thanks.

The Guinea

I'll be glad to when I get it back. I would think that it would be pretty soon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

Gregch44 wrote:
The Guinea wrote:
agksimon wrote:

The Guinea

I'll be glad to when I get it back. I would think that it would be pretty soon.

Thanks Gregch44, I would definitely like to see your SPX as well once you get it back. But I was referring to forum member agksimon's SPX with the Streamlight light adapter. Seems like a pretty inexpensive way to mount a light (I have a couple M3 lights) to the SPX. I thought about doing it similar to Smitty's way, but do not really want to make "permanent" mods.

Thanks.

The Guinea