CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pederson custom 12ga **SIDE BY SIDE MODEL 1500**
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:01 pm 
Utility Grade

I recently bought a PEDERSON custom shotgun 12GA. double barrel **** SIDE BY SIDE MODEL 1500 **** yes I said MODEL 1500 (clearly stamped on side of barrel) It's a single trigger. On the right barrel on the right side it says custom made by ARAMBERRI of Spain.
I have been researching and trying to find information on this gun for sometime now, The only side by sides i find are model 2500 and the model 1500's are all over and under's. Yet this gun i have clear as day says Model 1500 stamped on it. any info on this gun value, when it was made, more history would be much appriciated. The gun is in 95% - 98% condition.

thank you
kyle

Post subject: Re: Pederson custom 12ga **SIDE BY SIDE MODEL 1500**
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:19 pm 
Reloading Expert
Reloading Expert

Sounds like somebody at the factory was funning with someone or else it was just a mistake. It happens, and I could see that happening pretty easily with a custom gun.

Pederson was a pretty good gun marketed some years back I think by Mossberg. Maybe it was Marlin? I'd have to get my "bible" out to check for sure.

Probably worth a Million dollars, the one and only. Kind of like a double struck Double Eagle! :wink:

BP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have an Aramberri made Pedersen 1500, it is an O/U. Pedersen Custom was the label used by Mossberg in the early 70's (72-74?) to import and sell higher end guns. There is a small group that posts in the Mossberg section about Pedersen Custom from time to time, you could post there and see what response you get. Most of those guys seem to have the 1000 models which I understand were Beretta manufacture. I also read somewhere along the way that Bernadelli manufactured side X sides were imported, maybe those were the 2500's. The action of my 1500 looks a lot like a Perazzi MX8 and the receiver profile is the shortest I have seen on a 12 ga O/U, wonderful handling gun. Parts are non-existent, though they are enough similar that alternative parts can be made to work. Model 1500 O/U's in excellent shape might go for $1200-1500 but most trade at or under $1000-.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'm one of the ones that has started collecting Pedersens.... I've got a 1000... so far

Pedersen Custom Gun was in business from '73 to '75, the side by sides didn't sell as well, so they were only available in '73 & '74.

Pedersen was a completely seperate business from Mossberg, although they were only seperated by an empty lot....

As stated above the 1500 (O/U) & 2500 (SxS) were both imported by Pedersen from Aramberri, perhaps you have a very early model and they hadn't figured out the brand numbers yet??

I recently looked at a model 2500, that was being listed as a model 2000 (he fixed the listing after I checked out the gun), it looked great but had two hairline cracks in the stock, he's now asking $795....

http://www.usgunexchange.com/products.c ... =34&ID=897

The "holy grail" is the model 2000, these were imported from Beretta (GR-4), I've still yet to find one of these in person.

Smitty