CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1974 Citori Trap Questions
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:38 pm 
Field Grade

I have a 1974 Citori Trap on hold at a local gun shop. I just learned that the parts for this model are no longer available. The price is $715, which I think is reasonable, but how worried should I be about parts or lack of there availability? It is about a 95% gun.

In other words should I pass on it?

Post subject: Re: 1974 Citori Trap Questions
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:48 pm 
Limited Edition

what do you think is going to fail.browning makes a quality product.parts are usually obtainable on line.some places only sell stuff that you just cant find.if you like it and think its a good price buy it if not tell them to put it back out in the rack wait 3 to 5 days go back with money in hand and it will be gone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:51 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

UpNorthMN wrote:
I have a 1974 Citori Trap on hold at a local gun shop. I just learned that the parts for this model are no longer available. The price is $715, which I think is reasonable, but how worried should I be about parts or lack of there availability? It is about a 95% gun.

In other words should I pass on it?

Where did you learn that "parts are no longer available"? About the only "parts" you'll ever need are firing pins and hammer springs and I'm almost certain that they are available. Probably most of the other parts are available too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:05 pm 
Field Grade

I found this link on this site:

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/merchant ... de=C-015-6

And a local gunsmith did confirm that some parts are no longer availble.

But your point about what will fail is well put. Frankly, I don't have enough experience with this model to know. Are there components that are known to fail?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

The Citori is a good gun and the price seems right. I wouldn't worry about parts availability.

Dan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

When the gun is closed, how far to the right of center is the opening lever? If it's still right of center, then I would check to make sure I could get firing pins, hammer springs, and opening lever spring. If I could get those parts, I would then buy the gun (assuming you like it). Then immediately after buying the gun, buy the parts I listed here just to make sure you'll have them and you should be good to go for 30,000 to 50,000 rounds or maybe more. If the gun wears out after that, you've already got your money's worth out of it. :D