CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maverick O/U 28" VR $395....
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:45 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Was trolling around on GunBroker today and spotted this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =157244588

Looks interesting, I'm guessing that based on the lessons learned from the Silver Reserve, mechanically, this should be an OK shotgun. Synthetic stock looks interesting, I just can't wrap my head around an over under with a sythetic stock, even the brownings don't look "right" to me. For under $400, this might be a good "throw in the bottom of the John Boat" O/U.

Anybody brave enough to "Take one for the team"????

Smitty

Post subject: Re: Maverick O/U 28" VR $395....
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:12 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Smitty,

I can't find this anywhere, not on Mossberg site, searched internet, nowhere to be found!! Have you seen it anywhere else than gunbroker?

cdb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It's in the 2010 catalog, the one on Gunbroker was the first one I've seen.....

http://www.mossbergs.com/images/dcatalo ... atalog.pdf (it's 16+ MB, though)

Smitty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:46 pm 
Diamond Grade

Someone else will have to give it a whirl. . .I just bought two more Verona o/us, 12 and 20. . .just need a couple 16s and .410s to complete the set for the kids.

Then, looking at a 12 gauge CG for myself this summer or adding a set of 20 barrels to my 28.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:05 pm 
Diamond Grade

Smitty in CT wrote:
Was trolling around on GunBroker today and spotted this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =157244588

Looks interesting, I'm guessing that based on the lessons learned from the Silver Reserve, mechanically, this should be an OK shotgun. Synthetic stock looks interesting, I just can't wrap my head around an over under with a sythetic stock, even the brownings don't look "right" to me. For under $400, this might be a good "throw in the bottom of the John Boat" O/U.

Anybody brave enough to "Take one for the team"????

Smitty

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Smitty I saw this....thing, at my local ace hardware and agree that synthetic stock caught my attention .

But the rest of the gun is well, all I can really say is YIKES!

It's basically a downgraded Khan MSR, with some kind of textured black finish on the receiver and barrels, then some type of gold paint is over-sprayed (splattered) over it. There is one small block of steel, welded between the barrels holding them together at the end.

It actually looks kind of dangerous but, If you want to send me $400.00 I'll give her a go and give everyone a range report.

Just don't tell my insurance agent.

Just saying...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

DeGriz wrote:
It actually looks kind of dangerous but, If you want to send me $400.00 I'll give her a go and give everyone a range report.

Just don't tell my insurance agent.
If I had a "spare" $400 laying around.... I just sent my O/U barrels out to Briley for a set of thin walls to be installed...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:48 pm 
Limited Edition

Hello,
I just saw oneat Big 5 sporting goods for 329.00. I almost purchased a stevens/savage over and under and or a Mossberg over and under the silver reserve but after reading all the blogs about all the problems they have with these models and firing pins being broken and guns being sent back to the manufacturer, who needs all of that bs, I just want a gun at a good price that shoots and is reliable. So I stayed away. Anyways the gun fit nice , i just dont know if its a piece of junk. Any input or suggestions on what I might find either in an over and under or a semi in the 600-700 dollar range would be appreciated. Oh by the way the Mavarick only came with the two choke tubes installed in a 28 inch barrel v/r. It had a barrel selector switch to chose if you want to shoot the bottom barrel first or the top. Also had shell ejector. It seemed like a no frills type of gun. Dont know much about them only that they are made by mossberg. One more thing, this gun was made in Turkey.
Pat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:54 am 
Crown Grade

Pasquale,
Take a look at the Moss 930 if you're wanting an auto.

HWD

My Marine kicked cancer's a$$!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:54 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Just won a Mossberg Maverick O/U at a DU dinner last night. 28" barrels, 2 screw in chokes, IC & Mod. Black synthetic stock and forearm with recoil pad. New in box, never been fired. $300 shipped to your ffl.

SOLD