It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Place to buy cheap target loads
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:01 pm 
Utility Grade

I’ve recently moved to the Portland Oregon area and am looking to buy ammo for trap shooting and was wondering if anyone was aware of a retailer that sells ammo cheaper than $5.99 a box (12g 7.5shot/8shot Target Loads). I’ve contacted Bi-Mart and Dicks but $6 bucks a box is best I’ve been able to find. Any helpful information would be fantastic, thanks!
-Ken

Post subject: Re: Place to buy cheap target loads
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

As you've found, most places around Portland charge a minimum of $6.00 dollars a box. Our Trap and Skeet club sells at $6.00. Even if we found shells a bit lower we'd rather support the club and buy theirs.

Like the wife tells me, try to hit more of the targets so you don't feel like your wasting shells.

"We have mounted Science and are now run away with."
John Adams

DogTrot's favorite trots (photos)http://www.panoramio.com/user/2727214

" Man has mounted science and is now run away with." Henry Adams, 1862

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:48 pm 
Field Grade

The best I've found is just watch Bi-Mart ads and a few times a year you can buy for $5.50 a box. I haven't found any place around here (Hillsboro area) that is any cheaper. Outside of those times you just have to suffer at the $6.00+ per box. When I get more into trap I'll look into reloading as it seems to be a big cut in the cost per box.

-Brian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:30 pm 
Field Grade

Bi-mart regularly has target loads on sale for $5/box, right now the estates brand target loads are on sale for $5 with plenty on the shelf. I've bought remington and federal on sale for the same price in the last couple months.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am 
Field Grade

I hail from eugene, and walmart regularly has federal and remington target loads for 4.67$ per box. might be worth looking into walmarts in portland area.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:42 pm 
Field Grade

Bi-Mart rotates their sales, and something is almost always on sale for $5. Last week it was Remington Sport Loads. These are nice because they are a 1 ounce load, and the hull is the same as a Gun Club. I haven't been in yet this week.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 am 
Field Grade

We have a Sportsmans Warehouse down here in medford, and the Estate is 5.99 a box for the #8 loads, I have bought a few boxes of that as well as some #6 3" for 11.99 a box

I havent looked around much for pricing as the shotgun is for HD, Big 5 Has Fiocchi 00 buckshot on sale right now for 9.99 for 10, but walmart is supposed to have the federal 00 for 4.xx a box of 5

Will keep my eyes open as I need some more #8 or 7 1/2 for practice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:26 am 
Tournament Grade

I have to put my two cents in for Bi-Mart. . .they seem to have the best prices watch the coupon books (also, Bi-Mart has the best gun prices I've ever seen anywhere). . .WalMart often has great deals too if you buy in bricks of 5 or 10 or whatever it is. . . quit re-loading some time ago b/c it was the same or cheaper to buy new . . . still have nough to shoot for a while . . . how much is it to load a box of 20 gauge now?

Post subject: N1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:05 am 
Utility Grade

HI, thanks a lot for this. It really helped me out!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:06 am 
Field Grade

Kinda late to the show here, but I was buying inexpensive 12ga loads from Wal-Mart for $4.67 a box. Seems prices have gone up and they're now about $5.50 a box or so (in the Salem Wal-Mart anyway) whereas Bi-Mart is a few cents more a box. For that few cents a box, I'll keep the money in the family as it were and shop at the local Bi-Mart; I'm sure Wal-Mart will survive without my business.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:13 pm 
Utility Grade

i buy all my shells at walmart. they have the 100 packs of Winchester, federal and Remingtons doe around $22