CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Reloading Rio 12ga Target shotshells
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 am 

And remember, there are those that refuse to believe that men landed on the moon, or the murder of the Jews
happened. There will always be doubters( of just about anything), up until their disbelief up and bites them in a place that hurts.

God Bless America<<<< LINK worth clicking

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:46 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Very good points JT and Shoot2! You too, Curly!

Shotgun Sports recently asked for input on reloading Rio hulls.

I gave them some. Like what we see here, cracked and loose base wads, and mentioned the possible dangers inherent in such.

The next issue, (last), mentioned another guy and myself contacting them with information.

But absolutely no information on the possible problems. Just the blurb that there was going to be Rio loading data coming out soon.

And yes, I am still taking "calculated risks". I put all two piece hulls in the same category, Rio, Kemen, Nobel, etc. plus the Federal/Estate paper base wad type and yes, even the AA HS. (The Winchester Universal, I wouldn't reload on a bet!) If they survive the first, factory load firing, (personally known to be fresh factory, once fired), I will reload them once and only once. Then let them fly! So far, so good. No more bulged barrels as yet. Knock on wood!

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Like I said earlier, they are a cheaper quality hull that have split badly after the 1st reload. They are NOT as substantial a hull as the Remington gun clubs. They are less of everything all around. Load then once and toss is my experience.
They are a great new shot shell, at least 20% lees than GC and GC are less than WW in our area. If I was shooting new all the time I'd get RIO/Kemen loads and save some money.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:57 pm 
Crown Grade

jugchoke wrote:
And yes, I am still taking "calculated risks". I put all two piece hulls in the same category, Rio, Kemen, Nobel, etc. plus the Federal/Estate paper base wad type and yes, even the AA HS. (The Winchester Universal, I wouldn't reload on a bet!) If they survive the first, factory load firing, (personally known to be fresh factory, once fired), I will reload them once and only once. Then let them fly! So far, so good. No more bulged barrels as yet. Knock on wood!

#1: This (to suggest loading only once and discard) is not bad advice, and has merit for a couple of reasons. a) it sorta builds on the attraction and appeal of reloading Rio's in the first place - endless once-fired hulls. Secondly, coming from someone who's actually experienced an exited base wad (in another varitey of hull) sort of promotes you to an authority on this to some degree.

#2: To suggest not reloading these hulls at all generally, and technically speaking is also not bad advice per-se, however, given item #1 above, it has much less value.

I myself will stay in the #1 camp too until hard data starts to surface where we start to see reloaders post credible evidence/proof of Rio basewads migrating up towards the center/halfway point in the hull (like that one photo of the Federal hull above). If/when we start to see these sorts of posts, and/or if we see testimonials where twice-fired reloaded Rio hulls are sending their basewads into the barrel, then I'll move into the #2 camp.

As far as the moon landing and Jews comment, I simply don't see that as applicable here in this discussion really. Those suggesting that the moon landing, and Holocaust didn't happen simply arn't credible in any stretch of the imigination. There simply isn't any hard evidence/proof that they didn't. And yes, I did see the documentary on how they they technically tried to debunk the moon landing. And Mr "Immna-dida-whack-job", well, nothing more need to be said there.

Besides, the gub'mnt hasn't the smarts to pull off a studio moon landing anyhow. Hell, most of them cats up there can't even keep their pants zipped up, or keep their feet under their own crapper stalls in airport mens rooms, - no way yer gonna convince anyone that they can pull off a fake moon landing(s).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:29 pm 

And yet there are those that just will not accepth that there are those that have seen greatly shifted base wads in WWAA-HS hulls and yes in Rio hulls also. Any movement is a great amount, and there have been more than a few photos of that posted here.

Therefore I am forced to pull this out of retirement.

God Bless America<<<< LINK worth clicking

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:18 pm 
Crown Grade

I realize we're totally going off on a tangent with this moon-landing thing, but when I saw this link several months ago I asked myself what the conspiracy kooks would think:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/m ... sites.html