CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 390 sold at walmart
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 pm 
Limited Edition

Can anyone tell my what the difference is between the walmart 12ga Beretta 390 for 560.00 and the Beretta's that sell for 900.00 to 1200.00 or more at gun stores? They have got to be made cheaper some how. They are Inertia driven but other then that how reliable would they be. Are they made at the samr factory as the other higher priced Beretta's?

The only good crow is the one your about to shoot!

The only good squirrel is a dead squirrel!

Max-5 really!!!!

Post subject: Re: Beretta 390 sold at walmart
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

I just bought one. and they are a gas operated gun not inertia....Benelli and Stoeger are inertia and a stoeger is about the same price as a 390 but not as reliable and doesn't get the good reviews that a 390 gets either.

The difference is...

There is no sling swivel, no recoil pad, and the finish on the barrel is not high quality like you would get on a Urika or Extrema.

The guts are the same and from my research they are the best gun for the money. From what I understand The 390 is the most simple of the Beretta autos and the easiest to take down and clean. IMO nobody else has a better autoloader for $560. I got several opinions from people on here that know more than I do, that those were excellent guns and not to be looked down on. Infact some would say the old 390's due to there simplcity are better than the newer models.

I had my stock cut down, added a sling swivel and I am going to duracoat the barrel. I'll have about $700 in it when it's all done. If your on a tight budget and wanting a new auto 3" then you can't go wrong with the 390..plus if you don't like it you can sell it pretty easy. I lok for a used one and never found one that I felt could compare to a new one at that price..meaning they hold their value.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:30 pm 
Field Grade

Pas Bon wrote:
I just bought one. and they are a gas operated gun not inertia....Benelli and Stoeger are inertia and a stoeger is about the same price as a 390 but not as reliable and doesn't get the good reviews that a 390 gets either.

The difference is...

There is no sling swivel, no recoil pad, and the finish on the barrel is not high quality like you would get on a Urika or Extrema.

The guts are the same and from my research they are the best gun for the money. From what I understand The 390 is the most simple of the Beretta autos and the easiest to take down and clean. IMO nobody else has a better autoloader for $560. I got several opinions from people on here that know more than I do, that those were excellent guns and not to be looked down on. Infact some would say the old 390's due to there simplcity are better than the newer models.

I had my stock cut down, added a sling swivel and I am going to duracoat the barrel. I'll have about $700 in it when it's all done. If your on a tight budget and wanting a new auto 3" then you can't go wrong with the 390..plus if you don't like it you can sell it pretty easy. I lok for a used one and never found one that I felt could compare to a new one at that price..meaning they hold their value.

I have to 100% agree Its hard to find a used one been looking for a couple of months was about to buy a new one and ran across one by accident its a older one but at a good price about to see how good they are.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:39 am 
Tournament Grade

There is a thread at the top of this forum that does an excellent job of explaining the differences between the Beretta semi-autos. I have a lot of friends that use the Wally World 390's with great success and no significant problems. Personally, I prefer the 3091 because of the rounded receiver. To me it just feels more like my 686's.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:30 pm 
Crown Grade

I have a couple "Wal Mart 390" shotguns (in 12 and 20, 20 is no longer available). I also have a 391 Urika in 12 Gauge, walnut and blue.

The mechanical build quality is the same. The internal quality is the same, but the 391 I have has a polished bolt. It does feel a tad smoother than the matte finish bolt of the 390s, but the matte 391 bolt feels the same as the "Wal Mart" gun. Either way, with a little oil they work great. The magazine tube construction and coating are the same in the nicest 391 as in the Wal Mart 390. The 391 comes with a hard case, 5 chokes instead of 3, an Optima barrel vs. a Mobil choke barrel, and a more complex gas valve system that allows for a slimmer foreend. Some people prefer the simpler though less elegant 390 valve. I like both: the 390 for its simplicity, and the 391 for its trim elegance. The 391 also has different styling from the 390.

Basically, any differences there are, you can see by handling the guns at the store. Quality, though, is the same. If you want a good 12 Gauge semiauto, without frills but at a low price with good quality and handling, the WM 390 is IMO at the top of the list. I never regret hunting with one, and the finish on them is durable and good in foul weather (it's not like the rust-prone Remington matte finish).

All of my guns were built in Gardone, Val Trompia. Some of the 390s I've seen say Made in USA on them. The 3901 is Made in USA, and is essentially the same as the WM 390, but with a round receiver. I haven't found the semi-humpback to be a problem, since the geometry is the same as the round receiver. I also switch off between the 390, 391 and 680-series guns.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:39 am 
Diamond Grade

Claycomo: I also own a 12 ga Beretta 391 and a 12 and 20 ga WalMart 390. Buy the 12 ga WalMart 390; for the money they can't be beat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:37 pm 
Utility Grade

Disreguard this post. I found a walmart that sells these guns already.
Hey Folks
I live in Mississippi, and the Wal-Mart stores around where I live don't even sell guns anymore. I have also tried walmart.com and cant find any guns on there. How can I find a Wal-Mart that sells these guns?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

What part of Mississippi do you live in? I think that the Wal-Mart in Picayune sells guns, but I recommend calling before driving.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

French Double: Did you mean '3901' and not '3091'? I can't find a 3091 on B's web site... thx.

"Stand up Chuck, let 'em see ya!" – Jackass Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, MO, 9/12/8.