CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Darne Shotgun
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:24 am 
Utility Grade

I have a Darne sliding breech Model R15 circa 1970 in mint condition.Any advice on value or best place to sell.

Post subject: Re: Darne Shotgun
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:13 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Here's the Blue Book values, but for a more realistic figure, and a place to sell, check the web gun auctions, like Gunsamerica, Auctionarms, etc.:
100%cond.-$2250
98%-$2k
95%-$1800
90%-$1625
80%-$1500

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

They are really nice guns and very well made. But they have two things against them. One, they are French. Not much of a reputation here. And two they look weird. I would get one without hesitation at the right price, but I don't know what that is. Its probably lower than you would like.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:33 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

DWT quoted the Blue Book value of a R15 Pheasant Hunter Model. These are the most seen here in the US. In general, I think that the Darne is one of the guns that sell above the Blue Book value. Demand is not great here in the US, however.

The Model R15 has scroll engraving and a deluxe stock. This model starts north of $15,000 these days (MSR). The last R15 that I looked at sold for $12,900. It was a mint gun and the buyer feels that he got a great deal.

Griffen & Howe has a nice Halifax Darn just now for $2650.

In summery, find out which version you have and then search the high end gun sites for asking prices and go from there. Also, search sites like gunshop.comIsClosed for actual guns that have sold.