CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stoeger condor 12g or boito miura 12g for hunting
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:16 pm 
Utility Grade

hello all, just wanted to say hi, and was hopeing i could get some advice, im after my first shotgun, a cheap U/O for bush using it for hunting bunnies and birds and even the odd pig. Im not after a beretta or anything along those lines, im saving for a good quality trap gun but want a cheap o/u.... So the two shotguns that fit in my bracket of price is the stoeger condor or the boito, out of the two which would use recomend?

Post subject: Re: stoeger condor 12g or boito miura 12g for hunting
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I could be wrong, but I believe both are exactly the same gun, made by the EA Armantino company.

No, the quality isn't good. If that's the most you can afford in an O/U, you can't afford an O/U and should explore other options.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:59 pm 
Utility Grade

drsfmd wrote:
I could be wrong, but I believe both are exactly the same gun, made by the EA Armantino company.

No, the quality isn't good. If that's the most you can afford in an O/U, you can't afford an O/U and should explore other options.

thanks mate, but i wouldnt mind seeing what people who own these shotguns have to say

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:20 pm 
Tournament Grade

I have 2 Stoeger Condors. I have put several thousand rounds of reloads between both of them without an issue. I put a few rounds of buckshot, no issues there either. I cannot give a review of any long term use of heavier loads, being both the Stoegers are used only for breaking clays on the weekends with the family.

Before I made the purchase, I did alot of researching as well. The reviews were about 50/50. I purchased one, put about 1000 rounds thru it and it proved to be very useful for its intended purpose. My brother in law wanted one for him and my nephew to share, so he ponied up the cash and I purchased another one. Again, both guns have been quite good and I guess I just got lucky with 2 issue free Stoeger Condors.

The Guinea

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

keithy351 wrote:
thanks mate, but i wouldnt mind seeing what people who own these shotguns have to say

What's to say that I haven't had one? Read up on this forum-- lots more bad than good.