CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Different types of Summits
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:41 pm 
Field Grade

Hey, I'm in a gunstore today and they've got a Summit with 32" barrels. The receiver is darker (not silver like the sporting models I've seen online). That is about all I could get out of them. Did CG make a plain Summit or are they all sporting or limited models like on CG's website? Also, they had the gun new at $3,250 and marked down to $2,650. Is this a good price for a new CG Summit? I'm trying to find out the differences between the summit models. I know it is a good price on the limited but maybe not if it is the sporting model. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I'm thinking I would add an adjustable comb, raised rib and have a gun close to the impacr for about $1,500 less. What do you think. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Different types of Summits
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:51 pm 
Crown Grade

A limited CG has a case harder color. The gray color is the standard color. I have seen the new silver color and I think it's a replacement to the gray. A guy at my club sent his CG back because the gray color was coming off. When he got it back it was silver. Nice I like it.
If the gun has a 32 barrel it is a sporting gun if the rib is low.
As for cutting in adjustable comb I did it. It made a better for me to get the cast I wanted.
I'm not all that sure about add the Impact rib. I though about it and didn't think it would work. If you want the Impact get it. Don't play around with the other gun. In the long run you will save money by getting the right gun first.