CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ithaca model 87
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:01 pm 
Tournament Grade

hey guys,
Just bought a model 87 12 ga. any reviews on such a gun. did i do good, or should i have bought a 37? just curious. it is a nice looking gun

Post subject: Re: ithaca model 87
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:09 am 
Crown Grade

In 1987 the new owners of Ithaca Gun Company simply renamed the gun the Model 87. So I guess it simply depends on how nostalgic you are about having a gun with the Model 37 barrel stamping on it.

Welcome to the Ithaca fraternity, and Shotgunworld as well!

Ithacas certainly have addictive qualities. Once you feel up an Ithaca 16 or 20 gauge, I'm willing to bet you will own more than one Ithaca.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:48 pm 
Tournament Grade

sadly i have owned several Ithaca 16's, but keeping them has always been hard. every time i have had one, it was always the most desirable gun whenever i needed something and didnt have cash. wether it was vehicle repairs or a doctor bill or once helping out a friend. oh well. in my short life i have owned 2 12's and 4 16's. still have the 12's. last sixteen was a beautiful deerslayer rifled with floating barrel. i am starting to get sad. i better go do something else

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You always lose when you sell guns unless, you find someone that REALLY wants it and is NOT a reseller!
But, sometimes a man has got to do-------- :(

obama's gonna go to hell!