CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rock Island Armory M5?
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:07 am 
Limited Edition

Does anyone have any experience with the RIA M5? I've heard their 1911 clones are pretty nice, but haven't heard one word about their shotguns.

Post subject: Re: Rock Island Armory M5?
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:14 am 
D R..... I haven't heard a word about them either. It is certain they are foreign made clones and as such, could be very much hit or miss. Certainly the fit and finish may be crude. Functionally? I have a Chinese (turns out we think they are made by Norinco) H&R Pardner clone of an 870. Finish-wise it is a bit rough. Functionally it is every bit as good as any 870.

The RI could be a useful, inexpensive alternative. I guess someone will have to buy one to find out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm 
Utility Grade

I have their 1911A1 CS and love it. It's a solid little pistol and if their M5 shotgun is comparable in quality, fit, finish and operation then I will need to get one. I am torn between the 410 Mossberg and a 20 ga for self defense; either so my wife can shoot it if necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:18 am 
Presentation Grade

handled one last year..liked it a lot actually. out of the foreign guns currently on the market id go with it or the savage-stevens 350...i will snap up a nickel m5 if i see one sub-250 locally...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:21 pm 
Utility Grade

I have the Rock Island Armory M5 Shotgun and having a hard time finding out what brand or Collapsable/foldable stock I can us on it. The gun shop said try the Mossburg 500 and then said no maybe the Remeington 870. I contacted Rock Island Armory rep he was no help at all. any sugestions?