CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Caesar Guerini Ellipse EVO
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:01 pm 
Field Grade

I saw this gun advertised in the Shooting Sportsman and liked it allot. I am a SXS guy and have no info on Guerini guns. From what I have read they seem to have a good following. What can any one tell me about the company and or the Ellipse EVO. I have thought of trying a O/U and this one catches my eye.

Post subject: Re: Caesar Guerini Ellipse EVO
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:14 am 
Crown Grade

I know notyhing about the new EVO. I saw the photo in shooting sportsmen and it looks like a real nice gun. I have 3 Guerini's and they been flaw less. Nice handling guns and a great fit and finish. If the new EVO was a gun I wanted for hunting I would get it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:32 am 
Presentation Grade

Very good guns and a great US distributer to stand behind them. I own 2, a sporting and a trap gun, both are a joy to shoot. If you look thru the 2 Guerini forums on this site I think you will find that most owners are quite happy with their choice. The new Ellipse looks like it would be a great hunting gun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:57 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Here's another thread on the topic:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222138&p=1850339&hilit=Ellipse#p1850339

Word on the street is it will start around $4K, and the 20 and 28 will come out first.

I've only owned one CG, but for the price, I think they are magnificently executed guns and, usually, quite handsome.

That ad in SS stopped me dead in my tracks. As long as they don't come out with proportionately scaled 16, I'll be able to resist, I think. Have a pretty decent little battery of upland bird guns. But a proportionately scaled round-body 16 would push me straight over the edge and have me scrambling to raise funds.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:09 pm 
Limited Edition

That's one beautiful gun. Judging by the photo of the prototype in the other thread it appears CG is finally offering a gun with a normal fore end, instead of that horrible schnabel. Progress indeed!