CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Connies Components: Genuine Apology: Update
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 pm 
Field Grade

(Original post here on top...see "update" below)

You guys kept tolding me, and tolding me; but I wouldn't listen. Noooo...I had had to try it myself.

Ordered 32 lbs of Green dot; 5 days later they say their "out of stock". It took 5 friggin' days for them to figure out they don't have any!

You'd say, "Well, you're not out anything." What about my time dealing with NIMRODS?

But it gets better! The same day they say their "We're out of stock", their website shows Green Dot on Sale! This is 5 days after my order!
I asked "What's up?"; ((deleted rest of post...see update: see below)

Lester

Update

A couple months after posting about my mishap,--now it is early-August 2010-- I received a heart-felt apology from "Mr. Connie"--and an 8-lb. jug of powder sent post-paid with no questions axed--except asking for forgiveness and "Another chance".

Evidently Mr. Connie knows who I am--I expect he'll check in to see if I will "recant"; this I will do—and for good reason.

It's true I had a crappy experience.

It's also, true he true he "made it right". I see nothing more he could do after this effort—and nothing more should be expected.

I am happy to tell you this story, not because of the "free jug of powder", but because he acknowledged a problem, and personally sought me out to make it right . And that makes a whole-lotta-difference.
Everywhere. Everyday. To everybody. Thank you.

So, the lesson learned—speakin’ for myself-- is , "Call before you order". You may want to proceed differently.

He handled this situation with brass-ba*ls. My experience has been that few folks would do this today.
“Mr. Connie” (Dakin ) consider my response thus; “Apology Accepted.”

Darn sure wouldn’t be right on my part if I didn’t say so.

Regards,

Lester.

Last edited by Lester on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: You Guys told me; Connies Components Doesn't Deliver.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:33 pm 
Diamond Grade

Not to mention the hard headed guy that didn't listen to people "tolding" not telling you not to place a order for delivery.

NSCA # 606314
682 Gold E sporting
687 EELL 20/28 GA
391 Gold sporting
870 wingmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:58 pm 
Presentation Grade

Similar experience, learned my lesson too...even when everyone was tolding me.

I dont know how they do it but Recobs seems to have everything in stock when others are out. Gamaliel's is next on my go to list. Both have REAL TIME stocking information and excellent pricing. But you already knew that :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:14 pm 
Tournament Grade

CAC Associates in PA seems to be up to the task.

http://cacassociatesinc.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:02 pm 
Presentation Grade

I was just in Centralia, WA yesterday so I thought I would go by Connie's store and see what they had.

THERE IS NO STORE. At least the address from the website that I went to had no store attached to it. The address appeared to be in a residential neighborhood. I could have had the wrong address so I went back to our RV and checked the web site again-right address.

Being stubborn, on occasion, I called and left a message asking him to call me with an address that I could visit.

That was yesterday and no answer yet.

I would like to call BS on Connie's Components.

Connie, if I am wrong I invite you to correct me on this forum, in public, and I will apologize for my comments.

The following is an update to correct my original posting:
After reading several of the postings here I will retract my comments and apologize to Connies's Components and I did have my call returned. The owner explained he was at shoot the day I was there.

Curly, good call.

Again, my apologies.

Last edited by Art Sorrentino on Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:04 pm 
Limited Edition

I have had great success with:
Gamaliel
Midway USA
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Graf & Sons

All have done a fine job for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:57 pm 
Presentation Grade

SteedGun wrote:
I have had great success with:
Gamaliel
Midway USA
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Graf & Sons

All have done a fine job for me.

I hate to claim this...But Midway has done me well....Even though they are a little higher on some items..!! Overall I come out ok.
Also their customer service is great, at least in my case. Last year on my birthday they sent me a good discount for anything and I ended up stocking up on a lot of things I use a lot of...came out ok and spent a lot of money :(

AND...SteedGun...Please change your picture by your name...Every time I look at it my back hurts..!!!!!
I had the same thing in my back 20 years ago and it still hurts most of the time.
So why do I shoot shotguns??? I guess I'm just stuborn or crazy or a little of both..!! :wink:

Just kidding...Dont change it..its a clear reminder of the HE$$ I went through long ago...

Don2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:20 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Art Sorrentino wrote:
I was just in Centralia, WA yesterday so I thought I would go by Connie's store and see what they had.

THERE IS NO STORE. At least the address from the website that I went to had no store attached to it. The address appeared to be in a residential neighborhood. I could have had the wrong address so I went back to our RV and checked the web site again-right address.

Being stubborn, on occasion, I called and left a message asking him to call me with an address that I could visit.

Connie, if I am wrong I invite you to correct me on this forum, in public, and I will apologize for my comments.

Most people on this board have had good dealings with Connies.
Just went to Connies web site and I could not find anything that lead
me to believe they have a store front.

Why did you just drop in?

Maybe they are running a bussiness from the home with a remote warehouse.

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:03 am 
Crown Grade

The whole love/hate affair with Connie's goes way back. From what I've read, the whole operation has always been a small-business run out of a garage, so it doesn't surprise me that you didn't encounter a storefront.

There was some sort of sad story about the original owner dying, and other family members agreeing to continue the business...I wonder (if) people are willing to overlook the lack of customer service because of that history.

Personally, I've heard way too many bad testimonials to ever entrust them with my business.

EDIT--added missing word to fix atrocious grammar

Last edited by Shoot2reload on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:37 am 
Crown Grade

The business is run by the son of the original owners. He has a full time job and does the business after hours and weekends. Because we know this we overlook the shortcomings. Shooters here in Washington have no problem getting components at very good prices.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:53 pm 
Presentation Grade

Art Sorrentino wrote:

Connie's is not a 'brick and mortar' outfit with an actual storefront. The son took over the business after his Dad passed away a couple of years ago. Seems the son kept his regular day job so Connie's is only open as a part time operation now. The best time to catch the son in the warehouse might be in the later afternoon, and/or weekends.

You likely went to the correct address, located in a residential area just off I-5. .. The garage/warehouse located next to the house is where the business end of the operation is conducted. If the warehouse doors are closed they are not open for business. An email I received from Connie's said to call them first to know when they are/will be open for business. Someone may, or may not answer the phone. From comments made here on the forum even that might be hit and miss. Hard to beat their shot prices, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:14 pm 
Limited Edition

I agree with the Midway comments. They have been great. I will also look for a new pic. I am actually getting tired of the metal myself. I do have some good days. Those are usually at the range! God bless america, we need it right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Some people really enjoy being able to cast aspersions upon someone or something.

Today, Connie's is the whipping post. Tomorrow, it will be someone else.

I have a question though. Since when is it the utter END OF THE WORD that some supplier is out of something?

This is what more or less "gets me". Once some forum member gets it into their head that a supplier is "Superman" or something, God help us all if that supplier runs short of something.

After all, all you have to do is order from Whoever has it at the moment.

I never bother about who does or doesn't have something. Somebody usually has something.

http://conniescomponents.com/

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/home.php?cat=1487

http://www.downrangemfg.com/sales_representative/

http://www.recobstargetshop.com/browse.cfm/4,2280.html

http://www.grafs.com/product/227924

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

http://www.precisionreloading.com/

I list all the suppliers to spread the joy around a bit.

http://www.midwayusa.com/

Okay, now I done Tole ya.

"Hmmm, load first ask later, kinda backards ain't it, sport? Where you been anyway?"--------Curly-Nohair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:03 pm 
Field Grade

the point I took away from the original post was that the buyer saw that items he desired were shown as "in stock", and in the end that didn't turn out to be accurate. it is one thing to buy when you know you are going to have to wait, but good for you for being ok with buying with the thought that you will receive you items shortly and then being told that things are out of stock. Myself, I'd find somewhere else to spend my money.

*I* think that this is a fair gripe - in addition buyer was told that if he ordered from Connies that he wouldn't be happy with the customer service. I think describing this as someone using Connies as a "whipping post" is skewed, buyer is acknowledging that he screwed up and expressing frustration over the continued "bait and switch" tactics that are continuing to be employed by the business.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

Lester,

Where in WA are you? There is a new brick and mortar reloading store in Cle Elum called "Three Forks Ammo." They don't have a big stock, or have jugs of powder, but if they don't have something you want, they will order it in for you. They are a couple of local guys and go out of their way to get supplies for people. Shot is still 27.49 a bag, less if you get the locals discount.

I've been very satisfied with their service and ability to get components for me.

Rob.

Post subject: Re: Connies Components Doesn't Deliver: Update
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

After reading several of the postings here I will retract my comments and apologize to Connies's Components and I did have my call returned. The owner explained he was at shoot the day I was there.

Again, my apologies.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have bought several times from Connies, including a MEC reloader. Good prices, good enough service, never any problems. They are OK by me.

Glad they finally took care of you Art.

Regards.

Chuck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:54 pm 

Art Sorrentino wrote:

Again, my apologies.

Art:
It would be real good if you added a copy of this into your initial message or if you edited your message a bit to reflect this new info. Just in case somebody stops following the thread after your post :wink:

God Bless America<<<< LINK worth clicking

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:51 pm 
Crown Grade

Shoot2reload wrote:
Personally, I've heard way too many bad testimonials to ever entrust them with my business.

You need not feel that way, really...

One thing that you can always rely on is their mail order, - that's about as reliable as you can imagine. I think he handles his mail order stuff during his regular full-time job or something.

Agree, that if you need to "go" there, or "talk" to someone there, then this can be spotty, but honestly, how often is that really needed? Their web page ordering stuff works well - why would you need to call/visit ?

The place is not overly far from here, and there has been numerous "group buys" for shot requiring someone to drive down, and that has sometimes been spotty.

But his mailorder/webpage purchase end of his business is very vast, accurate, and reliable.

MM3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:24 am 
Crown Grade

I see where you're coming from, and I'm probably the last person on earth to need a lot of support or hand-holding during a purchase. This particular thread/scenario was handled well enough.

I'm basing my decision on previous accounts that seemed more severe--instances where the lack of communication compounded an already strained transaction. I don't recall all the specific details, but there were several accounts where something was ordered, paid for, and didn't get shipped for a LONG period, and in the meantime no emails or calls were returned. Honestly, I don't remember ANY of them that weren't eventually resolved, but it's the tension and uncertainty when things go wrong or are delayed that would drive me nuts.