CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Muller Choke Tubes?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:38 am 
Limited Edition

Where can you purchase these? I go to the web site & they charge $10 to ship a choke tube?
Anyone know where to purchase one & not have to pay that kind of shipping charge? :shock:

Post subject: Re: Muller Choke Tubes?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As far as I know they are only available from the manufacturer. If their claims are true, it's worth the $10 shipping charge.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:03 am 
Limited Edition

It just seems ironic to me that a new business who's product is said to weigh half as much as any other choke needs to charge that much to ship it...............I would think that to get the product in the hands of as many shooters would be the initial goal. But, what do I know?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:14 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Maybe you should take that up with the manufacturer?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:15 am 
Limited Edition

That's a good idea, I'll do that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Maybe you could call him and will send you chokes fot free with no shipping!

NOT!!

If you fly to CT you could pick them up and there wouldn't be any shipping!!

Gun and Shell Sponsor / My Wife

Krieghoff K 80 Plantation Grade
Muller Chokes
NSCA 546619
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:17 pm 
Presentation Grade

Last edited by Mark426 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It's an unfortunate fact that shipping is the price we pay to avoid traffic and crowds and lines. There will be a minimum charge for shipping and that's just life.

I live far enough from a big city that unless shipping is more than $20, it's worth it for me to buy it on line.

Seriously, if these chokes are anywhere close to what they say they are, lighter and no cleaning needed, then $75 is a steal. A titanium choke from any other manufacturer will cost at least $100 plus shipping. That's the only choke I've seen that weighs less than a regular choke. So, this is still a decent deal even with the shipping.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Oh you are so right!

Muller Chokes
NSCA 546619
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:03 pm 
Limited Edition

All I ever wanted to know was if they had a distributor or did vending at large shoots like Wright's or Briley do. I do plan to order one tomorrow........thanks for all the help.

Krieghoff, by your response you must have some experience with these chokes. Please share what your results have been. I can't seem to find much info regarding them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:19 pm 
Presentation Grade

Last edited by Mark426 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:28 pm 
Limited Edition

Mark, thank you so much, I didn't know how to find that info.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:18 pm 
Crown Grade

Shipping has gone up. I had order a Joel Etchen Tee shirt for my wife. It was $20 when I got the shirt I saw the shipping was $10. That was the standard shipping for them. That 50% increase. I took it like a man and made my wife happy.
So if $130 for two choke tube are OK with you. Just pay the $10 and get it over with.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I just started shooting the Muller Chokes and so far I like them better than my Pure Golds.

I received a pair of U0's from Jim on Thursday. 1 fit 1 didn't.

I use the U0 and U1 today and they worked great for me.

I have pattern them and they throw a little better pattern then my Pure Golds. They are more even.

Give them a try. I am sure you will like them too.

I shot a 15 station shoot today and after 11 stations I had only missed 10 birds. In the last 4 stations I missed 14 easy birds so I guess them quit working!? :lol:

Muller Chokes
NSCA 546619
Member of the NRA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:39 pm 
Presentation Grade

Yup K80...those Mullers have quit on you. Better buy a set of Extreme Chokes and start a new thread on how their working out for you.

Mark

p.s. Ordered a set of Mullers for my kids 391 tonight...I dont understand why everyone thinks he is a spoiled brat.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:45 am 
Presentation Grade

Rumor has it that those chokes are soooooo light that the Postal Service is discovering that the gross weight of their delivery vehicles actually DECREASES when they have packages from Mullers on board---plus, their deliveries tend to be evenly distributed in a postal market---no over-delivery in hot core areas of suburban markets.......

...hence they're going to start giving a shipping rebate for each choke tube that is shipped via standard ground-delivery! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:49 am 
Diamond Grade

one time I ordered a magazine tube extender for a Benelli M2 tactical shotgun from a well known but a small "one man" operation. I was charged about $10 for shipping but the postage stamp read something like $2.00 and some change. I emailed the guy and asked him about it and he said he pays someone to drop off his shipments at the post office, in addition to paying for the shipping boxes.

$75 including shipping is a great deal for these choke tubes considering K80 Ti chokes go for about $135 new without shipping. On the used marker, K80 Ti chokes go anywehere between $75 to $90 a piece.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I don't know any place you can order anything online without paying for shipping. If there is such a place, they are charging a higher price for the item, to cover shipping costs.

I have some experience myself in shipping a product sold via internet. The cost of shipping covers a lot more than the postage - it also has to cover the packaging and wrapping, and the labor of labelling and taking it to the post office. If the seller charges anything at all for his time (he has to, if his operation is supposed to be a business), the time it takes to process the order costs more than the postage does.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:06 am 

Seamus O'Caiside wrote:
I don't know any place you can order anything online without paying for shipping. If there is such a place, they are charging a higher price for the item, to cover shipping costs.

I have some experience myself in shipping a product sold via internet. The cost of shipping covers a lot more than the postage - it also has to cover the packaging and wrapping, and the labor of labelling and taking it to the post office. If the seller charges anything at all for his time (he has to, if his operation is supposed to be a business), the time it takes to process the order costs more than the postage does.

If he is running a business, his time must be built in to the cost. But If he had no orders, he would have plenty of time spent doing nothing and making even less.

God Bless America<<<< LINK worth clicking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:54 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

This is like a sale at Sears. List a product for $50 regular price and it sits on the shelf for months. Take that same product and put a big red sign on it saying SALE! This weekend only $55! and it'll sell right away. I'm not saying that Sears does that, but they do have a sale every week.

I know one store where they did that and didn't even hide it. I was looking at a stereo once and the manager told me that I should buy it now because it was going on sale next week. What?!? Yep, he told me when it went on sale it would go up 10%. Sure enough it was on sale the next week for 10% MORE and they sold out. Crazy world huh?

Gander Mountain offers free shipping on everything in the store. They even have some good prices. But, I'll bet the free shipping tactic sells a lot of merchandise.

I'll also bet that if Muller were to offer free shipping and charge $75 instead of $65, they would sell a few more chokes. I'm just saying...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next