CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Traditions ALS 2100
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

Who makes these guns for them?They look alot like the old beretta 302/303 are they a copy of that tossed to the side Beretta model ? Anyone own or shot one of these guns ? I'm thinking about buying one. :o

Thanks

Tim

Last edited by Ohio Wildfowler on Mon May 31, 2004 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Traditions ALS 2100
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:51 am 
Limited Edition

Hi Tim, You are right in that they are a copy of the older Beretta. Stoeger sold these arms under the name of Luger when they had them and had a good following. When Beretta bought up Stoeger and God knows how many other Co. they stoped selling them because it didn't make sence to sell a nother Beretta like gun so they gave Stoeger the 2000 to sell. I picked up one when the dealers got caught with the Lugers in stock for $299.00. Great gun, well built, and very light. Have not had one problem. Use it for SC and skeet sometimes. Traditions picked up the gun and call it the 2100. Two guys at the club I shoot at have the 2100 and also like them. Shoots my light reloads with no problem. The gun is made in Turkey as is the Stoeger 2000. Hope this helps. God Bless and good shooting!!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:45 pm 
Tournament Grade

Dave A

Thanks for the information, I think I'll buy one and use it mainly as a slug gun with a rifled barrel. I have 2 SBE's but don't want to spend $500 on a slug barrel and forearm for one of them. I mostly hunt waterfowl but like venison just don't care to hunt deer well enough to pay that for a barrel. At least I can use this gun if bought in a combo to shoot sporting clays or something at less than the cost of the barrel.
:lol:

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:34 pm 
Field Grade

I recently purchased a ALS 2100 Shotgun manufactured by ATA out of Turkey from Traditions Performance Firearms. I think for the price this is a great gun. I put through about 150 rds so far on teh the trap range without a single glitch. It's not the prettiest gun in the rack but I have no qualms about it's performance. I do have one question I hope some one can help me with. I am looking for a shell catcher for this auto. It's a realy pain picking up the empties on the trap range. I emailed Traditions and they do not carry one for this gun. Since it is a knock off model of a major manufacture I was wonder if a Berreta or some other catcher for a major model would fit the ALS2100. Hope you guys can help!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

I've got around 500 shells through mine and without a hitch I might add. I also dicovered that this gun patterns high velocity steel and hevi shot rounds very well and will probably get used as my teal shooter this year as the gun is very light and quick.

I don't know of anyone who makes a shell catcher for the Beretta 302/303 or the Traditions ALS 2100.

Tim

Take a kid hunting today and pass the tradition on to tomorrow