CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LANBER SHOTGUN
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:12 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi all, I'm new to this fourm and shotgun shooting, I've been given a LANBER over & under 12 gauge with 28' barrels fixed chokes, single trigger with manual barrel selector, i have to flick the button each shot, any idea of age? Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: LANBER SHOTGUN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:35 pm 
Field Grade

In England the Lanber is our best selling shotgun. They have been at it 45 years and make very good budget over and unders. They do seem to last as well as "B" guns.

It could be up to 30 years old without more detail cant help.

You shouldn't have to select the second barrel it has a recoil operated changeover, firing the first barrel automatically selects the second.

Kind Regards from Old England

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:09 pm 
Diamond Grade

If it has fixed chokes, it has been around a while. If you have to flick the switch between shots, there is likely something wrong with the gun.

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more often likely to be foolish than sensible."

Bertrand Russell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:07 am 
Limited Edition

Quote:
If you have to flick the switch between shots, there is likely something wrong with the gun.

It is probably fine. It has inertia triggers. That mean that when you pull the first time, the barrel you have selected on the safety will fire first, and the second one will fire on the second pull provided it has been re-set by the recoil. Try this, pull the trigger and without doing anything else lightly bump the butt stock on the floor to reset the trigger, then pull again and the second barrel should fire. When you flick the safety / barrel selector you are manually re setting the trigger.

That 's just the way inertia trigger guns work. My Beretta 686 works this way. My Cynergy has mechanical triggers, so it does not require recoil to reset, it is done mechanically when the trigger is pulled.

I have a friend that has a Lanber and it is a nice well made shotgun. Congratulations.

Glock Certified Armorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:17 am 
Crown Grade

Quote:
In England the Lanber is our best selling shotgun.

A modest wager says it isn't.

Eug

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:26 am 
Diamond Grade

Snarlingiron wrote:
Quote:
If you have to flick the switch between shots, there is likely something wrong with the gun.

It is probably fine. It has inertia triggers. That mean that when you pull the first time, the barrel you have selected on the safety will fire first, and the second one will fire on the second pull provided it has been re-set by the recoil. Try this, pull the trigger and without doing anything else lightly bump the butt stock on the floor to reset the trigger, then pull again and the second barrel should fire. When you flick the safety / barrel selector you are manually re setting the trigger.

That 's just the way inertia trigger guns work. My Beretta 686 works this way. My Cynergy has mechanical triggers, so it does not require recoil to reset, it is done mechanically when the trigger is pulled.

I have a friend that has a Lanber and it is a nice well made shotgun. Congratulations.

Both Frank and myself are assuming that when Tony says:

Quote:
i have to flick the button each shot

he is actually shooting the gun, not dry firing it.

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more often likely to be foolish than sensible."

Bertrand Russell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:46 pm 
Field Grade

Eug

Quote from shooting times.

Lanber over-under shotgun review Thursday, 16 August 2007

Find out why this Spanish-made shotgun has become a best-seller in such a short space of time. Along came Gunmark (the former name of Beretta importers GMK).

To describe GMK's acquisition of the importing rights for the brand as a success story is a huge understatement.
The reasons for this success are simple. It is, and always has been, affordable by most beginners. It is tough and reliable, well designed, and it points and shoots nicely. It is widely available through the extensive Beretta dealership network, and if things do go wrong it is easily repaired with readily available spares.

Of course Beretta sells more guns but:

Lanber sells only 2 models a Sporter and a Game over and Under, Beretta sells 52 models but none of its models outsells the Lanber models.

Look at our UK site GMK are a very intereting company:

http://www.gmk.co.uk/

Bottom right in the home page ACCURACY INSIGHT magazine very good read/reference

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:24 pm 
Limited Edition

Quote:
he is actually shooting the gun, not dry firing it.

Funny, I assumed the exact opposite.

Hey Tony G 68, which is it? Inquiring minds want to know.

Glock Certified Armorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:10 am 
Utility Grade

When shooting and dry firing, I will try the method advised above. Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:08 pm 
Utility Grade

Righto, I tried dry firing then bumping on the floor, yes this worked, however the thump was considerable, soooo I found a suitable screwdriver, pulled the butt stock off to see how this thing works- very simple ... if it wasn't full of dirt and gunge. A good clean and oil followed, will report back when I get a chance to live fire. Cheers Tony

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:52 pm 
Limited Edition

I love a happy ending. :mrgreen:

Glock Certified Armorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:03 am 
Limited Edition

Frank2357 wrote:
Eug

Quote from shooting times.

Lanber over-under shotgun review Thursday, 16 August 2007

Find out why this Spanish-made shotgun has become a best-seller in such a short space of time. Along came Gunmark (the former name of Beretta importers GMK).

To describe GMK's acquisition of the importing rights for the brand as a success story is a huge understatement.
The reasons for this success are simple. It is, and always has been, affordable by most beginners. It is tough and reliable, well designed, and it points and shoots nicely. It is widely available through the extensive Beretta dealership network, and if things do go wrong it is easily repaired with readily available spares.

Of course Beretta sells more guns but:

Lanber sells only 2 models a Sporter and a Game over and Under, Beretta sells 52 models but none of its models outsells the Lanber models.

Look at our UK site GMK are a very intereting company:

http://www.gmk.co.uk/

Bottom right in the home page ACCURACY INSIGHT magazine very good read/reference

Sounds like a Stevens-Savage or an IGA/Stoeger double.
Not much to look at and only costs a pauper's wage, but the SOB just flat works, every time.
Nice to know such arms exist on the international market.

Dean