CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SKB model 7300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 am 
Utility Grade

i am looking at purchasing a SKB model 7300 12 gauge pump never really heard of the company r they any good? and what r some common problems with them if any? and is 475 to much?

any info will be appreciated thanks

Post subject: Re: SKB model 7300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:19 pm 
Field Grade

SKB's have been around a long long time. Most folks know there o/u's and sxs. They also made a line of pumps and auto's. Quality is generally pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:20 pm 
Crown Grade

dangunman wrote:
i am looking at purchasing a SKB model 7300 12 gauge pump never really heard of the company r they any good? and what r some common problems with them if any? and is 475 to much?

any info will be appreciated thanks

SKB made shotguns in Japan since 1855. They recently went out of business. They made very good quality guns for their price-points.

SKBs were imported into the USA through a variety of importers, including Ithaca from the late 60s-70s and most recently SKB-USA. Although they produced nearly all action types, most SKBs you'll find are O/Us. The SKB pumps were briefly imported in the early 80s by Mitsui in Chicago. They used aluminum receivers. A fixed choke barrel may be too thin to thread for modern choke tubes. Some spare parts may still be available through aftermarket sources such as Numrich.

$475 is more than I would pay for an SKB pump, even if it was in pristine condition. Only the O/Us and SxSs have any sort of resale value these days.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

475 is WAY overpriced.

I just bought a 7300 this winter for 230.00. It didn't have even the smallest of marks on it. Absolutely pristine.

There were 3 in the shop at the time. All were within 20.00 of each other. They really are a nice gun. In fact last night, I found a post on another site that suggested the SKB was reverse-engineered thru a 870. They definitely have a very high level of fit/finish. All came with fixed chokes.

They were imported for less than a decade- I believe the 70's. They just couldn't compete against more established names. The only downside may be parts availability, but with the 'net, almost anything can be found.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:49 pm 
Utility Grade

good thing i didn't bye it yet and won't unless he drops his price. thank everyone