CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 28 Ga Richland Arms Model 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:00 pm 
Field Grade

I'm looking at buying this shotgun, and here is the description of it.

1971 28 Ga Richland Arms Model 200 Blissfield MI imported made by G. Zabala Choked Sk1/Sk2 done last year by Mike Orlen, 27 5/8inch barrels, Double Trigger, Extractors, 14 1/4 lop top front trigger, weighs 5 pounds 12 ounce. Gun is in great shape the bluing is clean the only wear is on the ends of the barrel where it slips into a gun case, Stock has no mars and has a thin wrist.

Anyone know anything about these, and what is might be worth?
Thank you,

Post subject: Re: 28 Ga Richland Arms Model 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:54 pm 
Crown Grade

The 2010 Standard Catalog of Firearms lists values for the Richland Model 200 as ranging from $125.-(poor) up to $350.-(Exc.) and up depending on condition and demand. As always, check the on-line auctions for real life, recent prices PAID. Perhaps a dealer who recently sold one can chime in with a condition and sale price.

Montani Semper Liberi

Post subject: Re: 28 Ga Richland Arms Model 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:17 am 
Crown Grade

Any potential buy of a small-gauge shotgun should take care that the allure of the smallbore doen't veil the reality of what they're looking at, nor any "bling" such as engraving.

It would seem that someone has done choke work, according to the description - including a possible small barrel shortening from 28" to facilitate the choke work or remove muzzle damage.

The reality is that it remains an entry-level, economy import, Spanish shotgun, made in an era of somewhat spotty quality - many having soft parts, with repairs needing handmade parts/gunsmith.

While most hold up "ok" for the casual shooter/hunter, they will quite often turn problematic with any sort of regular or heavier use - I would not recommend one for a shooting game (skeet/clays/whatever).

IF I liked it, and it fit me well, I still would not pay more than $250 for one, after a thorough, hands-on inspection.