CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington Baikal SPR 453
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:14 pm 
Utility Grade

I just purchased a Used Remington Baikal SPR 453 and when i went to shhot it using 2 3/4 low brass shells the gun did not eject the shells.
Does anyone own that particualr model? Is this common for this gun? Did i buys a defective gun?
Am interested in anyones experience with this particular model.

Post subject: Re: Remington Baikal SPR 453
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:48 pm 
Crown Grade

was the gun cleaned and lubed properly before shooting? Could be the gas ports need a few shots of Breakfree or Gunscrubber. Just sayin'...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:24 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Slugo wrote:
was the gun cleaned and lubed properly before shooting? Could be the gas ports need a few shots of Breakfree or Gunscrubber.

Also, the gas nut may need to be set for the loads you are shooting. If you do not have a manual, I am pretty sure you can find one online to download. Try the Remington site. Looking in the Baikal shotguns forum here will also yield lots of info on the gun.

NRA Life Member

"Profanity is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully"--author unknown
"This is a big f__king deal!"--Vice President Joe Biden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:25 pm 
Limited Edition

I needs a good cleaning and a break in period with some heavy loads, all the info you need is in the Baikal forum.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:22 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

A manual may be found here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:48 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have had mine for about a year now and after shooting several hundred heavy loads, it will cycle everything I put through it EXCEPT the Winchester value packs at Wal Mart. It will cycle the Remington value packs however. Also, I left the gas adjustment at the factory setting because it made little difference when I broke in the gun. My advice is to shoot about 100 heavy loads before trying the low brass. For the money the SPR453 in my opinion is the best shotgun on the market today.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:18 am 
Utility Grade

I have been using my 453 for 4 years now as my primary waterfowl shotgun. Very reliable but like has been mentioned the gas system must be set for the type of shells using. Great gun for the bucks and it will handle the 3 1/2 as well as the lightest 2 3/4 once broke in.